ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Questions about 15E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about 15E
 Login/Join

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted
I hear that this MOS has just came up this year. I would like to know anything possible for this MOS. All knowledge if possible, cause I myself am considering to relcass to the mos, well, voluntarly reclass to this mos. And since their is a shortage of it in skill level 1, I would like to know all I can about it. Im a 25U and seeking new challenges in my life and career for the army. Since UAV is pretty much still new, like 10 years or so, I can see this also being a good direction after the military as a contractor. Thankyou again, and any info about the MOS would be great. Thankyou

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's shorter than the training time says, it's not too difficult, you'll spend time learning immediate actions for gear and calls on the radio. About all i can help you with, i can ask some 15E's some stuff if you want and still need to know.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
are you a 15E or do you work with them through another MOS? As a 15E, do days of long hrs in the hanger happen? I have no problem with long hrs just curious. So, as being a 15E, how long is the school then and do contractors do all the work or how is it? Cause Contractors take away a lot of jobs from soldiers, im wondering if I reclass, instead of doing my job will i end up on convoys and checkpoints?

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack_of_all_Trades:
are you a 15E or do you work with them through another MOS? As a 15E, do days of long hrs in the hanger happen? I have no problem with long hrs just curious. So, as being a 15E, how long is the school then and do contractors do all the work or how is it? Cause Contractors take away a lot of jobs from soldiers, im wondering if I reclass, instead of doing my job will i end up on convoys and checkpoints?

No, I'm a 15W but we train in the same spot and work together since 15E's emplace and take care of our equipment. Can those days happen? Sure, but it depends on what you're doing. There might be a bird you have to repair or something but a lot of it is preventative maintenance checks, and launch and recovery procedures. I can't comment on downrange because i have not deployed yet however. School is around 4 months, they're moving away from contractors doing all of the work but i don't know to what extent yet. I don't think you'll be doing convoys or checkpoints at all but like i said i have not deployed and i'm not a 15E.

posted Hide Post
So as a 15W, do you enjoy doing your job? Before the 15E mos came in did you guys did the maintnance or did another mos do it 33W,excuse me 35T or other 15 series mos?

posted Hide Post
Contractors did maintenance, 15W's are not trained to do real repair work. We can monitor faults on the equipment, do the preventative maintenance checks, and emplace/displace gear but the actual work on the equipment isn't in our scope. I enjoy my job for the most part yes, like everything else it has boring days.

Also know that since you're not a new soldier the likelihood of you getting anything but the shadow system is incredibly small. So if you have hopes of getting something else, don't.

posted Hide Post
I've been working on UAVs for about 4 years now. 15E is mainly focused on Shadow 200 right now. And it's a great job to have, it's a lot of fun.

What the guy said above covers the most of what you do. You also do crew chief stuff, which includes launching and recovering of the aircraft.

And there will be tremendous promotion opportunity in this field of work in the future.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deadpanick:
I've been working on UAVs for about 4 years now. 15E is mainly focused on Shadow 200 right now. And it's a great job to have, it's a lot of fun.

What the guy said above covers the most of what you do. You also do crew chief stuff, which includes launching and recovering of the aircraft.

And there will be tremendous promotion opportunity in this field of work in the future.

Eh i'd say mostly shadow and hunter at the moment, with some doing grey eagle. Not sure if any have done warrior alpha yet.

Picture of Sgt_Oi
posted Hide Post
Go 15W if you want to be in the UAS community. It's better in and out of the Army.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post