ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Water in my ear. MEPS in 4 days
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water in my ear. MEPS in 4 days
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, so I have wanted to join for a long time and I am finally going to MEPS on monday. (today is thursday) I have been swimming a lot lately and on monday of this week I managed to get water stuck in my ear. I wasnt to concerned about it thinking it would eventually work itself out. It seemed to mostly drain out but on wednesday when I swam again I managed to do it again in the same ear. This time though I can NOT get the water out, I have tried just about everything imaginable. Now for my actual question: My next step obviously is to go to the doctor, should I try and get an appointment before MEPS? What if they cant get me in to see a doctor till after MEPS? I think it will be ok for MEPS because I can hear ok but I know that a hearing test will be a lot more demanding than day to day hearing. Should I just tell the MEPS doctor what is going on? Im a little worried that they will think im making an excuse for bad hearing. But I hear fine without stupid water in the way. Im also a little concerned about getting an ear infection although id much rather pass the MEPS physical with an ear infection than get dqed. Sorry I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I really want to pass the MEPS physical.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
I don't think water in your ear will affect your hearing test. A lot of soldiers still pass that test in SRPs and physical exams who get out of the Army and are actually compensated for hearing loss. You'll be okay.

Posts: 758 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks! Like I said I thought it would be ok, just wanted to get a second opinion.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post