ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    how hard do they examine your knees?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how hard do they examine your knees?
 Login/Join

posted
just wandering.

Posts: 7 | Location: KY | Registered: 03 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
Not very well. They just make you do some funny walks, duck walk, pigeon walk, stuff like that. . Now if you have a history of knee problems and you disclose that, it might be a little different.

"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Posts: 447 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks, what other test do they do?

Posts: 7 | Location: KY | Registered: 03 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are able to to do the minimum push ups, sit ups, and 1 mile run in the allotted reps/time then you don't have much to worry about. Weight standards they keep pretty strict at MEPS. So if you are out of tolerance there you might wanna tighten that up.

I would worry more about your MOS and bonus options. Pick a good career that has some transferable skills to the civilian world. Infantry really doesn't have any, Artillery generally doesn't have any. Pick a medical or technical (comms, computers) field if at all possible. Possibly even a financial field. That way if you don't like the military you will have some job experience to fall back on.

Just my 2 cents.

"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Posts: 447 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post