ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Can I enlist at meps without my marriage certificatE?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I enlist at meps without my marriage certificatE?
 Login/Join

posted
Okay...my husband and I got married in Korea when he was stationed there back in 2009. He is no longer in anymore. Anywho im trying to enlist. My husband and I are not on good terms right now and he has our marriage certificate and will not give it too me. My recruiter said he does not think that I can enlist(swear-in etc) with out it. But when I called DEERS they said they dont see why I wont be able to enlist with out it because they have had certain situations. But my recruiter said he dose not know the reg's on that. I was wondering will I be able to enlist if I have all other documents? And wouldnt they be able to just see everything in the system as well? I really want to be able to go ahead and go to meps within the next two weeks and this is like holding me back. I may possibly be able to get it from Korea but it will take awhile. Also my husband is still in the system like if he were to be called back they would call him(but i know they wont) does that make a difference by the information still being in the system. Thanks for all the help!!!!

Its not that people are not able to change..its merely that they are not ready to change

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyDude.
posted Hide Post
no you can not. MEPS needs to see it if you're married.

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: 15 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You NEED it, get on the phone and start YESTERDAY.

You are obviously born as well, but they need your birth certificate. So if your logic was right then you wouldn't need that either.

Get on it.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post