ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    URGENT! please reply asap! THX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

URGENT! please reply asap! THX
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, i was wondering, what happens if youre overweight on your Shipping date? I was supposed to ship on the 17th, but since i was close, the recruiters made me wait until today, and theyve decided to now, hold me until tomorrow.

If i AM overweight on that day, they say that ill be a "DEP Loss" and unable to join the military for 2 years. THis sounds like BS to me. Am i calling this correctly, or are they correct? Thanks!

Posts: 45 | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Someone might be able to correct me, but it shouldn't matter. When I went through basic there were people who no way could have passed their weight/tape.

Maybe something is changed, or maybe they are BSing you.

The only thing that makes me think they are telling the truth is because I can't see a single stinking reason those recruiters wouldn't want to get your ass shipped out ASAP.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im sure theyre truthful about the fact that i need to be under weight or they wouldnt care. But disqualification from military service for 2 years? Sounds BSworthy. I would think at most theyd put me back a month AT MOST

posted Hide Post
Okay guys im about to go to bed, please, PLEASE respond tonight if you read this. I want to know what the consequences of being overweight when shipping out are. Im about .25" too big in waist, and im about 3-4 pounds more than i weighed in as when i came in.

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of banishment from military service because you're overwieght. Your recriters have thrown some BS at you before, so it's easy for me to not believe this. But just because I've never heard of it, doesn't mean it isant true. You might want to go sit in a sauna for an hour. That should make you sweat off a couple pounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smittaayy,

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
V8, 30 min run/jog daily, lean beef, brown rice, plenty of water. That's it for 2-3 weeks. you will lose weight. I know that isn't "the answer" you were looking for. But on the bright side in 2 years that is loads of time to go to school, get in shape, and read some army literature to help with your career.

Posts: 79 | Location: fort meade, md | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They probably are spiting some BS at you but just incase thair not, you might want to layoff the donuts buddy.
Good luck.

Posts: 6 | Location: Union City TN | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of VanMan
posted Hide Post
Well I know that if you're overweight that they are going to do a body fat calculation by utilizing that good old tape measure. I think that your body fat percentage can be higher when you depart from MEPS. It's like they know you will lose that weight or inches when you go to basic because the standards go from (just as an example) at MEPS allowing 23% body fat to 21%. Correct me if I'm wrong...

If you're worried just make sure you have a fat neck and skinny waist. I would always stretch out my neck because I didn't know any better. Smiler

www.GoMotherRucker.com - Here for the Flight Students

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Rucker, AL | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KSoler
posted Hide Post
Many of the things that are waiverable once you are in, are not easily done while at meps. For instance vision or weight. The two years part I am not sure of, but I do know that your unit can put you in for waivers or keep you from the fat boy PT at your commanders discretion, but when you are at MEPS, the standards they are supposed to keep are pretty high.

Posts: 186 | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
dude get out and run and excerise and u will lose some of the weight and watch what you eat go to salads and white meat like chicken and turkey. that will help you loose alot of the weight

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CCMSG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Private:
They probably are spiting some BS at you but just incase thair not, you might want to layoff the donuts buddy.
Good luck.

You do realize that you're responding to a post from July 2007, right?

Posts: 140 | Location: Fort Sill (FORSCOM) | Registered: 08 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I do now. Think you for letting me know that from now on I will check the dates.

Posts: 6 | Location: Union City TN | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They will likely ship you anyways, unless you're severely obese.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post