ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Recieved a P3 for cavaties? Any info

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Recieved a P3 for cavaties? Any info
 Login/Join

posted
So i was disqualified from my physical for having more then 4 cavaties. They gave me a p3(Permanant disqualification). This is a temporary problem that can be fixed, wondering if theres any reason i would get a p3 over a t3 for it? And if theres anything i can do, as far as i know a p3 means im disqualified for all branches of the army permanently.

posted Hide Post
get some fillings and go back

posted Hide Post
These are PDQ, issues with the teeth
Teeth
-Not enough healthy teeth to adequately chew a normal diet, or
-Insufficient natural healthy teeth and lack of a serviceable prosthesis; or
-Dental implant systems that are not successfully osseointegrated and completed

You can get your teeth fixed and come back in and try again , there are waivers out there for medical conditions

posted Hide Post
Thats odd, i got DQD for "Exessive dental disease" Which is 2 cavaties on my front teeth, and 4 on my mohlers? The doctor at meps told me it wouldnt be a problem to get a waiver for it, that i could probably even get it that day. But my recruiter wouldnt even send out for a waiver, he said i need to get it all fixed then come back.

My problem is I am trying to ship out within 1-2 weeks so i can be back in december to witness the birth of my child. So im wondering why my recruiter wouldnt at least try to get a waiver now, and if i need to get them fixed first then i can do that.

Either way im going to the dentist today to get them looked at and get x rays.

Just wondering if maybe my recruiter doesnt really know what hes doing? Maybe i should talk to another recruiter? He also didnt include enough information in my packet he sent me with so i had to get waivers signed for some tickets and had to fill out more paper work at meps.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
The Recruiter might be new, inexperienced, or just busy. Right now enlistments are WAY UP, so MAYBE if they can find someone else who is less work, they'll pursue enlisting them rather than you.

The waiver might take a while. I sent in paperwork and waited a week or two.
I went back to MEPS w/ my recruiter the last day of the month, it took ALL DAY to get the waiver done, and I assume the recruiter REALLY NEEDED to get me into the army to meet his enlistment goal for the month..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Ive already been told by my recruiter that he is already over his enlistment quota. So basically ill probably get tossed aside untill they need people then he will come calling?

Well im going to get my teeth fixed and go from there i guess. Just hope im not wasting thousands of dollars on dental work without insurance to get denied a waiver. That would be the bell of the ball, thanks for the answers.

posted Hide Post
Well it wouldnt be a waste of money, your teeth are unhealth and need some work done.

posted Hide Post
I have been to MEPS twice for medical, the second time was just a review where I sat down with the doc and said nothing else has changed, but they have NEVER even asked me about my teeth or closely examined them.

Were they supposed to and could this be something where I show up to BCT and have too many cavities and they send me back home? That would be crazy...

posted Hide Post
Prolly not. They have dental on the installation, and unless your grill is REALLY jacked, they can easily do minor to moderate work there.

posted Hide Post
Sounds good. I really don't think I have any right now because I've had a few before and they really hurt. I'm too old to be on my parents' insurance and too poor to have my own though, so I cannot afford to go to the dentist.

posted Hide Post
So you understand how it works, dental is free for the active duty soldier.

posted Hide Post
Last year applied but was rejected due to cavity in 3 teeth, which unfortunately then I have to remove and now I have fixed those missing teeth with dental implants. Hope not been rejected at this time because of dental health.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daddy Warcrimes,

Posts: 1 | Location: Westfield, MA 01085 - 2927 | Registered: 01 August 2012Report This Post

Picture of MatthewAngel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeraldBrin:
Last year applied but was rejected due to cavity in 3 teeth, which unfortunately then I have to remove and now I have fixed those missing teeth with dental implants. Hope not been rejected at this time because of dental health.

Curious, why would that be an issue? Does it hinder what you would be doing when you are on the job?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daddy Warcrimes,

"Optimates Omnipotens ac Schola"

Posts: 25 | Location: Canada | Registered: 12 July 2012Report This Post

Picture of precious williams
posted Hide Post
I am new I have not been through the physical yet. I have had cavities and gotten them all filled in.
What about those who have other teeth problems such as an anti open bit is that going to hender then from going to basic? please answer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewAngel:
Curious, why would that be an issue?

It wasn't, just a convenient opening for spam.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Report This Post