ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Do you want to loose weight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you want to loose weight?
 Login/Join

posted
O-kay, to all of you desperate to make weight, here is what I did and found to have worked really, really well! I went from 229 lbs to 207 lbs in around 60 days. The key FOR ME was "SOUTH BEACH DIET" but, stayed on the first phase for 6 weeks vs the advised two weeks. After 6 weeks I would SLOWLY re-introduce carbs but, also matching or even exceeding the amount of protien intake. This is what worked for me but, I was very strict with the first phase of carbs! From my experience, the best diet ever! Good luck and be careful!

"Deus Impepditio Esuritori Nullus"
( No GOD can stop a hungry man )

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
Diets are temporary. Eat right and exercise is the way to go.

"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Posts: 447 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are correct! Diets are temporary but, the south beach diet allowed me to not only change the way I eat but, also how you should really stop and read what it is you are eating. At the time I started this "NEW WAY" of eating, I was 6 feet, 4 Inches tall at 229 lbs and trying to re-enlist but, I had to be at a weight of 210 lbs in less than 90 days! Once you pass the MEPS, Basic training takes care of the rest!

"Deus Impepditio Esuritori Nullus"
( No GOD can stop a hungry man )

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post