ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Birth control and Tattoo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birth control and Tattoo
 Login/Join

Picture of 35Mchick
posted
When I go to MEPS i wont have a tattoo yet and I wont be on birth control. Is it alright if I start taking birth control and get a tattoo in between meps and my ship out date or will this make things complicated when I take my next physical before shipping out?

Peace&love

Posts: 23 | Registered: 30 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MilitaryPoliceNCO
posted Hide Post
DJ

I would advise holding off on getting a tattoo until after you complete with your training as when you filled out your paperwork your recruiter should have asked you questions if you had any tattoo's.

But with that said the Army has made some changes to the policy as you can now have tattoo's on the hands and back of the neck.

It can be found under Army Regulation 670-1, chapter 1-8E (1)

''If you don't find it on the initial shakedown, look for it on their LES breakdown.''

Posts: 165 | Registered: 04 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
YES the tattoo will complicate things.
Wait until you're finished with basic and Advanced training (AIT.)

THEN read up on the rules to make sure it's not something (or somewhere) that will make problems for you.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of k9nermp
posted Hide Post
Yes wait for the tattoo, and as for birth control I know here at Jackson your allowed to be on it, only thing is a Military DR has to be the one that wrote the prescription. You can try and hide it thinking that you have enough of it for basic training but when you run out of if the Drill Sergeant finds it gone it goes to the trash.

The average Shepard can run 35mph, can you??

Posts: 231 | Location: Ft Jackson | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35Mchick
posted Hide Post
so do i get it prescribed by a doctor and then go into training and have a military doctor prescribe it after a civilian doctor already has?

Peace&love

Posts: 23 | Registered: 30 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJackson:
so do i get it prescribed by a doctor and then go into training and have a military doctor prescribe it after a civilian doctor already has?

Yes.
You'll be taken care of by military doctors for awhile. But then again, I don't know if they WILL prescribe it for you at Basic. Some leaders might think you're wanting it for the wrong reasons..

(I went to basic at Ft Benning, no females there, so I don't know much about "co-ed" bootcamp.)

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Epic Honor
posted Hide Post
If you're wanting to get on birth control do it now. For several reasons. The first being different people's bodies react to it in different ways, it will take at least one full month before your body is fully adjusted to the medications. While your body is adjusting, wierd things may or may not happen and you just won't know until you start. Second, if you're already on birth control it would not be wise for the military doctors to take you off of it for no reason. I don't really know for sure how it will work out at MEPS and then further into BCT, but I'm assuming if you've already been on it, you will be allowed to keep it at Basic. Just make sure the civilian doctor gives you enough for at least until you get to AIT.

Posts: 776 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:

Yes.
You'll be taken care of by military doctors for awhile. But then again, I don't know if they WILL prescribe it for you at Basic. Some leaders might think you're wanting it for the wrong reasons..

(I went to basic at Ft Benning, no females there, so I don't know much about "co-ed" bootcamp.)

You know there are a variety of reasons females take birth control. It's not just used for preventing pregnancy.

I agree with the Mod above me. Just take it until they tell you otherwise.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT92A:
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:

Yes.

You know there are a variety of reasons females take birth control. It's not just used for preventing pregnancy.

Yes, I understand that. And I agreed with the same thing.

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I go to MEPS i wont have a tattoo yet and I wont be on birth control. Is it alright if I start taking birth control and get a tattoo in between meps and my ship out date or will this make things complicated when I take my next physical before shipping out?

DO NOT get a tattoo after you go to MEPS and before you ship, do it after basic or after basic and AIT if possible...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As the others have said, tattoo is a bad idea. It will probably need to be evaluated prior to you shipping, and this is just a delay and headache that you don't need. Best to wait until after training.

I agree with Epic, you'll want time to get used to the medicine before you undertake something as stressful as basic.

How long do you have before you ship? If it's less than a month, you might reconsider taking it at all (depending on your prior experience).

New prescriptions will cause a delay at MEPS, but unlike the tattoo it's more likely to be worthwhile.

Make sure to disclose it at MEPS and when you inprocess to the appropriate personnel. If you're guard or reserve, don't bother to get an Army prescription; just have enough to last the training.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PastEC
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you have left for training yet or not. But here goes, as for the tattoo wait until you complete all of your training to get it, also be sure it is what you want to do/get. Once you get it you're stuck with it.

As for teh Birth COntrol I totally agree that if you have time before you ship out to training start it now, there is no such thing as only a Military Doctor being able to prescribe B/C. NO SUCH THING!!! Any qaulified and licnesed Medical Doctor with a Recognized Practice in the US can prescribe medication to you, only thing is it will have to be looked at by the MEPS Doctors when you go to do your Inspect before shipping out, to ensure that is the reason you are prescribed that particular Medication. So if you are still home andhave time I would suggest speaking with your physician and having him/her also write a lil note/letter explaining the reason for the prescribtion to answer any questions the Docs may have. It will save you many a headache in the long run.

Posts: 13 | Location: 12th CAB, Ansbach, Germany | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post