ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    Over 40 and going back to Active Army
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over 40 and going back to Active Army
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everybody,
I'm in the process of going back into the Army (Regular)my recruiter just sent my packet to MEPS yesterday. I have basically two questions.
question #1 Where do I find out what all is involved in the over 40 exam (I'm 43 with 3years prior service active). And second what do I need to do while waiting for the background check to prepare for MEPS.

Posts: 21 | Location: Melvindale, Michigan | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH1snakedoc:
Hello Everybody,
I'm in the process of going back into the Army (Regular)my recruiter just sent my packet to MEPS yesterday. I have basically two questions.
question #1 Where do I find out what all is involved in the over 40 exam (I'm 43 with 3years prior service active). And second what do I need to do while waiting for the background check to prepare for MEPS.

There is not much of anything to do to prepare for MEPS. Just ensure you disclosed all information to the recruiters, that your able to pass a drug test. At Meps youll take the physical and they will sit you down with the guidance couenslors to pick your job and go over all the info you submitted to your recruiter.

I dont know whats exactly in a over 40 physical, sorry I cant help with that. BUt there is not much to do to prepare for Meps.

Posts: 480 | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you look in ar 40-501 (google it) it will outline exactly what is in a over 40 physical. It will outline exactly what the requirements are for you to be eligible to join the army. hope this helps.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info armymedic83 This will help out greatly.. Thanks again

Posts: 21 | Location: Melvindale, Michigan | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post