ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MEPS    FSTS and MEPS Reservation Conflict
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FSTS and MEPS Reservation Conflict
 Login/Join

posted
I recieved a call earlier from a friend of mine who is PS and has decided to come back into the service. He went to MEPS and they printed a Reservation sheet for him. FSTS showed a report date that was a few days earlier than the reservation and now FSTS doesn't show anything except for his email and state. MEPS counselors are doing to him what they recently did with me and that is enlisting and reporting the same day.
My question is since there is no report date given on FSTS, how would he find out the exact report date for AIT? Since the recruiters can not contact the counselors, would it be the COC (recruiter then NCOIC then 1Sgt then CDR, etc) up to MEPS, or would he have to get scheduled to go back to MEPS to see what the counselors have to say?
I know it's a interesting topic, but I have no idea on this situation and I wanna help out a childhood friend. Thanks!

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey I am also PS and coming back. I'll be shipping to AIT this week. I had the same situation happen to me. I called my recruiter and asked him for a copy of the contract. On the contract it shows the day the reservation was made, the day to report back to MEPS to ship and the day you will be reporting to your class for AIT. I hope this helps

Posts: 8 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I called him after reading your reply and this is the situation. His reservation states May 1st as the report date, but NY MEPS ships on Tuesday and Thursday so that is inaccurate. FSTS showed a report date of the 28th which is a Tuesday, but now FSTS doesn't reflect a date. MEPS told him he would actually enlist and get his contract the same day he ships, not there isn't a definate date in writing. Guess he'll just have to end up using the recruiter COC to try and get the info. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's interesting. When I got my reservation at MEPS the made me sign a contract for the reservation and entering me in the DEP. If I'm not mistaking the recruiter should have a copy of this. Anyhow I'm sure it will work out.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post