Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92A - female?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have a best friend who is a 92A female. It took her a long time to get promoted to SGT and she has 796 points now hoping she'll make SSG. Try to take correspondence courses during your free time and if your schedule allows take a class or two at the education center...start working on your next rank.

Posts: 522 | Location: FT Campbell | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:6b181e242f="CAT"]and she has 796 points now hoping she'll make SSG.[/quote:6b181e242f]

she just did. March points for 92A E6 were 796, the first drop in years.

*edit* February points were 796. March points are back up to 798.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:11e871ad5a="Bradmeister"][quote:11e871ad5a="CAT"]and she has 796 points now hoping she'll make SSG.[/quote:11e871ad5a]

she just did. March points for 92A E6 were 796, the first drop in years.

*edit* February points were 796. March points are back up to 798.[/quote:11e871ad5a]

Thanx for posting it to my attention. Now I've got to get her a promotion gift...maybe a BDU set with all the stuff on it. We all know we don't want to buy new ones (since we're waiting for the new BDUs), but I think she'll like a new set as a gift.

Posts: 522 | Location: FT Campbell | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm not supply, but I am NBC, and we work VERY close with supply as the NBC NCO. So I will throw my 2 cents around.

One thing to remember about "work hours." They are guidelines. I have had days where we didn't get off till 2100 (9PM) and I have had days where they said to disapear and left around 1500 (3PM).

The textbook workday is in fact a 9-5 job. But that doesn't include PT.

What I will say is this. Don't worry about the hours. Worry about weather you want to join for the right reasons. We are ALL soldiers. We can ALL be deployed downrange whereever it is. Bullets don't know anything likke age, rank, gender, or MOS. Neither do rockets, mortors, or shrapnel.

You are a soldier first once you join. You have an MOS for your daily job, but you will still need to know and do ALL infantry and convoy tasks.

Now don't get discouraged about being a small female, and don't use it as a crutch. A soldier is only as strong as their heart. If you want it bad enough you will be able to do it. I had a soldier in my class in OUST (AIT stage, thats the training for MOS) and she stood no higher than 4'8". She was the most determined soldier in that class. Her leg reach was half what most of the males did and still would beat them on ruch marches. And the runs.

The only question you need to ask about joining is do you want it.
Then worry about MOS. Hell, there is no guarente that you will do your "job" after AIT anyways. I know a SGT(P) who just got transphered to a section where she is doing her job for the first time since joining 6 years ago. Soldier first, MOS second. Heart always.

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mrs. N.E.W
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm an E4 stationed at Ft.Hood and I work in a class IV warehouse, I would seriously tell you to be a 92Y for the simple reason as far as promotions go it's hard as hell being a 92A our promotion points are always sky high, everyone seems to forget that little tid bit when they give you advice, and yes anything you do in life you need to work for but being a 92A you're going to work even harder. Your job is endless depending on if you're in ULLS or in receiving or issue, stock control or even storage,but that doesn't mean that's all you'll be doing. every section is suppose to help one another out. It's not my cup of tea personally and if I could I would want to be a 92Y.

"One day at a time"

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ms new, how do you like FT Hood? I am at Sill now but I am headed to Korea and my return assignment is Hood. I am also a 92A

Posts: 11 | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mrs. N.E.W
posted Hide Post
Well I have to say that I am ready to leave Ft.Hood, its a rapid deployment duty station which means that probably by the time you get here you will sent to a unit thats already deployed or deploying to Iraq. As for the post itself there's not much here or in the surrounding area, I love to shop and the mall sucks to put it nicely. You have to hold your own when you get here in other words stand up to individuals if not they will try to push you around, they like to see what type of person you are, I've seen it from day one and I've been here since Sept '03. I see the difference in how they treat certain individuals the outspoken ones from the quiet ones, so get a back bone if you don't already have one. I just went to the board to make E-5 and I actually don't know if its something that I want to do at least not here at Hood.

"One day at a time"

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks, I guess it si kinda the same way here at Sill

Posts: 11 | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post