ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Chemical and Quartermaster    Proper Procedures for Storing MRE ??????????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper Procedures for Storing MRE ??????????
 Login/Join

Picture of spec_rebs
posted
I just got stationed here in Korea, and currently have a problem with one of my storage facilities. It's a small shed like building connected by a door in the middle. On one side there is NBC equipment i.e. masks, overgarments, (no chemicals except the detox kits)etc. On the next side which has the A/C is my supply stuff to include the MRE stacked/spaced properly. The NBC room has to be cool so I have to keep the middle door open which leaves my supply unsecure. I am currently not the NBC NCO, and the NBC keys belong to her. It makes my job difficult because when I need things I have to go on a search mission to get the keys. My supervisors want me to move all the supplies out and leave the MRE's. Then, just move more NBC equipment in the room with the MRE's. I've looked through many manuals, but I can't seem to find if that is proper storing procedures. In my head I just don't think chemical gear should be stored in the same area as MRE's. Maybe it's just me. Please help me answer this.

“Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.”
- General George S. Patton quote

Posts: 18 | Location: Yongsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post