ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Chemical and Quartermaster    any quartermaster questions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any quartermaster questions?
 Login/Join

posted
[color=olive:35fa8876ea][/color:35fa8876ea]i'd like to start off by saying i don't know everything about supply, but i do believe in sharing knowledge. i have run three very different supply rooms and worked in a pbo. if anyone has questions about property accountability and all the elements that go with it, or would like to share some significant finding, i challenge you to step forward and SHARE.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ft. Benning | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is quartermaster the same as a supply clerk? If not what are the difference's in the jobs? :?:

Posts: 6 | Location: Ft. Sam Houston | Registered: 28 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[color=olive:fb7fb2361f][/color:fb7fb2361f]yes.
i should have said supply. you caught me trying to be too technical after a long day of work...it happens. Smiler

are you in a supply clerk position?

Posts: 13 | Location: Ft. Benning | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No , I'm not but I have a family member whose MOS is quartermaster (hes a PFC) and I was wondering if there's any differences?

Posts: 6 | Location: Ft. Sam Houston | Registered: 28 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[color=olive:b7cf7fca11][/color:b7cf7fca11]there's a few jobs that fall in the quartermaster family...quartermasters are unit supply (92Y) or automated logistics (92A). cooks, water purification and petroleum MOS's are included as well check out this link...it should answer any questions you have...if you know which part of the QM Corps your family member joined...sorry, i really can't answer your question...perhaps next time! Big Grin

http://www.quartermaster.army.mil/

posted Hide Post
Greetings from Fort Wainwright, Alaska!

I am willing to be in on this sharing helpful Supply Information! I have been running a Supply Room since I was a PVT. This is my first duty station where I have a Supply Sergeant.

What does this Shark Attack thing mean?

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Wainwright, Alaska | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[color=olive:ba269a949e][/color:ba269a949e]welcome! how's alaska?
i think your ratings change as you post more on the site.
what types of supply rooms have you run?

posted Hide Post
I ran the Supply Room and Arms Room at C/326th Engineer Battalion, Fort Campbell, and the Supply Room at HHC, 84th Chemical Battalion, Fort Leonard Wood.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Wainwright, Alaska | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm a 92A with 10 years TOS (halfway there), so any Alpha questions I'll do my best to help with.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bradmeister

i know this it absolutely terrible to admit, but since there's no shame in my game, here goes...i'm TIRED of being a Y...i want to transfer to A...i have absolutely no idea how this will work, but i know there are some things that i need to manuever professionally before take the leap...
if you don't mind my asking, to what types of units have you been assigned?

temte[color=olive:a7b0d5750c][/color:a7b0d5750c]

posted Hide Post
my units have been (in order even):

MI (motor pool)
QM(warehouse)
IN(motor pool)
CMMC(that's CORPS Material Management Center)
and I'm currently in a TSC here in Korea again.

As an A, you can literally go to any type of unit ... if they have a motor pool, you could wind up there. I'm not sure about the Y side, but I know once you reach E5 in A, you can't reclass .... they need us too badly.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[color=olive:88cbfe6736][/color:88cbfe6736]i see more versatility going the A route. i'm a sergeant (e-5) working on the P, and i am sick and tired of hand receipts. my future as a Y is not appealing at all. i will be stuck in 4-shops and pbo's until i retire and i just don't want to do that. as a Y i have been in signal, pbo, maintenance, and now cid. every unit is the SAME: fix the hand receipts and the property accoutability because the previous shmuck didn't do their job. i'm tired of wiping asses and getting the paper in which to wipe them.
when i was in the pbo, i worked at the dmmc and there were A's EVERYWHERE...pbo, cssamo, gso, cl ix...
i love being a qm, and i hope i get to establish myself as a true logistician.
i still have to talk to the branch manager and find out if they'll even let me go because Y's are short too.
thanks for responding, if i have any further questions, i will certainly write you!

posted Hide Post
If anyone needs help with 92Y issues I am happy to help. I have been a supply sergeant in both TRADOC and FORSCOM. I have also been assigned to a S-4. Of course I have been an Armorer and a supply clerk. If you need any help I will be happy to help.

Posts: 2 | Location: Korea | Registered: 28 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you need help with supply don't hesitate to ask. I have been on TRADOC, Field Artillery, Aviatin and Military Inteligence with Aerial exploitation assets. I do no t consider my self an expert, but I am sure that everyone will agree that the best way to help is by sharing knowledge. For the guys trying to reclass from Y to A keep in mind that both MOS are on the shortage list so it will be very dificult to get reclassified.

Posts: 44 | Location: Germany | Registered: 09 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i'm a 92Y and have been assigned to the S-4 for a year now. i happen to like being a 92Y and don't mind the job. i haven't been stuck in one or two shops, i've been tasked to move from shop to shop even if it is cleanning up others' messes.

Posts: 30 | Location: DMNA Latham, NY | Registered: 04 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post