ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Chemical and Quartermaster    any quartermaster questions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any quartermaster questions?
 Login/Join

Picture of PVT Joker
posted Hide Post
I am reclassing from 42L to 92F, any problems with that job? Where are some places to be stationed as a 92F? I'm hoping to get stationed in 505th QM BN Okinawa, Japan once I and my reenlistment NCO calls the QM Branch. Is it hard to get that duty station? What is the job description of a 92F?

SPC Jacques anderson
TRADOC Kid

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort We got'cha | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Airborne Supply Guy
posted Hide Post
I'm a 92Y and I've been every position from Armorer to BN S-4 NCOIC (the position I hold now). When I was a young SPC at Ft Bragg, my first line was a promotable E-5 92A...he helped me get promoted to E-5 and we've been tracking each other ever since. I made E-6 and E-7 before him...and he JUST made E-6. I admire all of the things that 92As do...but, as far as promotion...it bottle necks at E-5. I've known many E-5Ps...who've had to do back flips in order to make the 1 or 2 points to reach seven-ninety-never. I will admit that this job is not as interesting as some of the other jobs and that being a supply guy or gal is not 'sexy'....but, we do provide a vital service to our units in combat and the reason why we are so short. is due to the high turn-over within our MOS. Good luck on your decision.

"Success demands a high level of logistical and organizational competence."

GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Man. You guy's are starting to kill me. As the weeks/Days/Months go by. I am beginning to realize I don't want to be in the 92A career field. The promotions do pay a big part in it. Yet for some odd reason they don't allow us to reclass. IMHO there is no love for a QM Soldier outside of a QM company/Batt.

So in saying that I am tired of my peers passing me up for promotions. It seems like as soon as they go to the board they pin on where as I have to take college courses, max apft, get awards(and you have no control over that). They walk into the board and come out with stripes lol.

But every MOS does have it's perks. What are some of the Perks of being a 92A or 92F?

IE Admins never lose there own paperwork or things like that.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Alright, I have a question. Officers, do they get issued unit crest, ribbions, ranks, etc from supply or they have to buy their own stuff? If supply sergeant/clerk are not allowed to issue these where is the reg. that states that?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post