ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Chemical and Quartermaster    92y warning of Fort Carson...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92y warning of Fort Carson...
 Login/Join

posted
Check it. If anyone out there in the 92y world is looking for a PCS and would like to stay stable for 5,6 or maybe 10 years, then FT. Carson is your choice. The 92Y's in 3BCT(4ID) are the same ones since OIF 1. The S-4's are the same since OIF V(2005). And with the UA(Unit of Action) being the thing of the new army, you too can be stuck like chuck. Now I hear that 2 or 3 of the S-4's will finally be retiring, giving some of these young yankees a chance. But at least your family will be stable and you can get the opportunity to deploy over and over again with no worries of coming down on assignment anytime soon. Just a note for SOME of you yankees out there who wonder what it would be like to be deployed and not be in a TDA unit your whole career. 3 tours and counting for this 92Y! C'mon and join the fun!

Posts: 7 | Location: Taji, Iraq | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's good stuff. Would love to stay in one place since the wife has a great job and the daughter doesn't need to be ripped out of this school and that school. Wish the Army would just leave ppl in places they want to stay. I know it's near impossible, but would help out alot of soldiers.

Posts: 104 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge07:
That's good stuff. Would love to stay in one place since the wife has a great job and the daughter doesn't need to be ripped out of this school and that school. Wish the Army would just leave ppl in places they want to stay. I know it's near impossible, but would help out alot of soldiers.

Only problem with that is if you are in a non-deploying unit, you would not deploy and the ones in a deploying unit would deploy all the time.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had no idea there were non deploying units. Call me stupid, naive, ignorant whatever the case may be. Maybe it's cause Campbell deploys everyone, but honestly, I didn't know.

Posts: 104 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post