ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    Reclass to anything
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass to anything
 Login/Join

posted
I cannot get promoted in my current MOS. My ETS is August 26 2018.(i will hit 8 years TIS 17 march 2017) When is the last possible moment to re-class, because i like my current mos and want to try and get promoted in it. But i need to provide for my family and don't really want to take the chance of hitting my RCP and not getting promoted so i cannot stay in the army Also do you have a list of current mos that i can re-class to and pick up e-5 automatically

Posts: 11 | Location: U.S. of A. | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
http://www.armyreenlistment.com/

That will have most of what you're looking for. Automatic promotion MOSes are covered under the Special MOS Alignment Promotion Program (SMAPP). Normally these are application MOSes. It is generally frowned upon to only enter these MOSes to get promoted but nothing is stopping people from doing it for that purpose.

As for the timeline, it's pretty much on you man. Keep in mind that a lot of these applications and processes can take years to complete. I recommend if you're going to switch, you start the process now.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh I forgot to mention that a lot of MOSes reclassification packets require a certain amount of Time in Service available which would mean you need to reclass as soon as possible.

posted Hide Post
thank you. I went to the website one thing I have a question about is under
Reclassification Information:
AR 614-200, 3–19
(2) Voluntary reclassification: Soldiers may request voluntary reclassification; however, they must meet the following criteria to be reclassified:
(h) Soldier may not be within 24 months of ETS.
Am i understanding this correctly where if I am within 2 years of ETS I cannot reclass?I could see that it would be frowned upon to change my mos to get promoted. But i think taking care of my family is important and CID seems like a very good job. So reclassing could be a win win

Posts: 11 | Location: U.S. of A. | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wicked_fast7:
I cannot get promoted in my current MOS. My ETS is August 26 2018.(i will hit 8 years TIS 17 march 2017) When is the last possible moment to re-class, because i like my current mos and want to try and get promoted in it. But i need to provide for my family and don't really want to take the chance of hitting my RCP and not getting promoted so i cannot stay in the army Also do you have a list of current mos that i can re-class to and pick up e-5 automatically

Are you promotable and what is your MOS? In your five years, have you been going to school for a degree? What is your GT?

You have to take the bull by the horns and come up with numerous plans to stay afloat in today's Army.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My current mos is 89D and yes I am promotable I have 543 points at the moment. I have 48 credits I should be finished with my associates by the summer or sooner and my GT is 113

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Check out this article from Army Times:

Army offers reclass bonuses in five priority MOSs

http://militari.ly/1jeozXe

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you

posted Hide Post
Yeah in my MOS (35L) they are really hungry for SPC. Not nearly enough in Skill level 20.