51C, Acquisition, Logistics & Technology (AL&T) Contracting NCOMajor duties
. Provide operational and contingency contracting support to deployed forces and DoD agencies. Duties for MOS 51C at each level of skill are:MOSC 51C3O
. Serve as an NCO on a modular contracting team. Serves as a contracting NCO supporting the Area of Responsibility (AOR) or Theater of Operation (TOO) of the Army Service Component Commander theater wide contracting mission. Primary mission is to deploy as a contracting officer and serve as a member of the Early Entry Module (EEM) contingency contracting team. When not deployed, serves as contracting NCO in support of Headquarters, Principle Responsible for Contracting (PARC) Brigade Contracting Command, Battalion Contracting Command and/or Installation Contracting Offices for training and mission support.MOSC 51C4O
. Serves as a contracting NCO team leader supporting the AOR or TOO of the Army Service Component Commander theater wide contracting mission. Primary mission is to deploy as a contracting officer and serve as a member of EEM contingency contracting team. When not deployed, serves as contracting NCO team leader in support of PARC Brigade Contracting Command, Battalion Contracting Command and or Installation Contracting Offices for training and mission support. Contracting NCO team leaders will assist in deliberate and crisis action planning cycles. Development and/or preparation of Contracting Support Plans (CSPs), OPLANS, and CONPLANS to the AFSB AL&T war plans.MOSC 51C5O.MSG.
Serves as an contracting NCOIC, of a operation and requirement section of a PARC and contracting team. Assist with the execution and administration/revision of CSPs, annexes and appendices in support of operational, contingency and deliberate plans associated with PARC AOR operations as well as integration of such plans, annexes, and appendices with the AFSB. Provides operational support for deployed joint forces in the AOR; assist with operations and execution in support of Army, joint, multi-national forces and exercises. Assist with contingency plans, and deliberate plans for contingencies and military operations. Assist with the development, revision and maintenance of all operational databases and plans for Army Contingency Contracting Equipment Packages (ACCEP) in coordination with the AFSB.SGM.
Serve as a Senior Enlisted Contracting Advisor to the COL brigade contracting command position, PARC and LTC battalion contracting commander within the Army Service Component Commander AOR or TOO in contracting. Advises the commander on all matters related o training, retention, health, welfare, readiness, discipline and professional development of military and DA civilians assigned when required. Primary mission is to deploy as the senior enlisted contracting advisor/ contracting officer and serve as a member of the EEM on a brigade or battalion contracting staff. Assist in supervising day-to-day military operations, combat skill training and mandatory training developed for military and emergency essential DA civilians; monitors tasking from higher headquarters, manages strength management reports and monitors the assignment of personnel. Ensure all personnel receive deployment orders and resources while on deployment; is the primary trainer for military contracting personnel assigned. Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS.
(1) Must be eligible for reclassification per 614-200.
(2) Must successfully complete Defense Acquisition University Level I and Level II contracting courses.
(3) A physical demand rating of moderately heavy.
(4) A physical profile of rating: 222222.
(5) Qualifying scores. A minimum score of 110 in aptitude area GT.
(6) Normal color vision.
(7) Be a U.S. citizen.
(8) A security eligibility of favorable National Agency Check (NAC) or Entrance National Agency Check (ENTNAC), per AR 370-67, para 3-613.
(9) Exhibits stability in personal affairs as outlined in AR 600-20.
(10) Have a valid U.S. drivers license.
(12) Meet Service Remaining Requirement (SRR) as outlined in AR 614-200, chapter 4.
(13) Waiver authority for eligibility criteria or MOS Qualification issues will be forwarded to the Director, Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Support Center (ASC), 9900 Belvoir Road, Bldg 201, Ft Belvoir, VA 22060, for decision.
(14) Formal training (completion of MOS 51C Qualification courses conducted under the auspices of the Assistant Secretary of the Army AL&T) mandatory.