ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    1 DEC in/out Calls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 DEC in/out Calls
 Login/Join

posted
What does it mean when MOS has NA listed instead of Y/N, N/N, and N/Y?

This is important to me because, I am looking to reclass to 46R. As of in/out calls 1 DEC 2010 my current MOS 36B (Finance) is rated as N/Y.

My ETS date is 15 DEC 2012, (I've been in over 48 months and have 350 on my ERB)

I met all the requirements for 46R; GT, PUHLES, an active Secret Clearance, ect. All I need according to DA PAM 611-21 is a voice audition, and my promotable status, and I am going to the next promotion board that I can and I expect to get my P status.

After 30 SEP 2010 I was hoping to be eligible for the BEAR program, but I see that the 46 series is no longer taking Skill level 1 for BEAR program, so that seems to be a no go. Unless I get my P status could it be possible with a waiver?

Before 1 DEC 2010 36B my current MOS was rated N/N at skill level 1, and 46R and 46Q were rated at Y/N at SL1.

As of 1 DEC 2010 MILPER Message Number: 10-305 36B is N/Y over strength and 46R and 46Q are shown as NA

I have not been able to figure out what NA means, and how if at all it effects my eligibility.

If someone could please help me find the references to take to my retention office.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ccliff,

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted Hide Post
y/n: means the mos is understrength, which in many cases you wont be able to get out unless its an application mos. The in/out call will be in blue.

n/n: means your mos is balanced, there might be a chance of reclassing depending on how badly the army needs soldiers in the understrength mos. The in/out call will be black

n/y: means you are overstrength in soldiers for that mos. and can request relcass into a shortage mos (understrength) the in out call will be in red.

Since 36B is has n/y and the y being under the out call, you can get out of the mos and reclass to an understrength or maybe possibly into balanced mos. You wont be able to reclass into an overstrengthed.

Posts: 78 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
right now 46R and 46Q are listed as NA for skill level 1.

So what does NA represent?

46 series is often on the BEAR program (E-5's and E-6's currently), and is normally rated at Y/N, with very low promotion points, which leads me to assume that they are Y/N, or N/N.

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
so... 92A20 was N ? Y for the longest... now at Dec 1 it is N/N which means I can't get out now? I am trying to 91F which just went on the Bear program... it is Y / N ... can I re-class?

Posts: 71 | Registered: 15 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
from my basic understanding it is harder to get out of a N/N MOS, I assume because there isn't much urgency to get people out because being balanced is good.

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted Hide Post
The n/a represents not open to skill level 1 soldiers. so you would have to an NCO to get into the mos.

ccliff, that is true. if the mos is balanced it is hard to get out of it. But, if the mos is a critical understrength mos, then the soldier might get pulled out of his current balanced mos to go into the understrength mos.

you can go to 91F course, cause its in the BEAR program. Regardless of in/out calls, if its in the BEAR program, you can go for it.

Posts: 78 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well that is just terrible news for me the only job that I am interested in...I don't know what to do.

posted Hide Post
Is there a December 2011 in and out call? I can only find a September 2011, if so where can I get it, HRC only has April and Sept.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
In/Out Calls are updated as DA deems neccessary, not monthly so we all just have to wait for a new one to be published. Keep checking armyreenlistment.com. He updates quickly when new info is released.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 477 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post