ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    68V a really good move!
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

68V a really good move!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Good info.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
Everyone,

There has been a change in the educational pre-requisites for the Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program (68V). Thomas Edison State College will now accept a general education course in lieu of the Humanities course.

Examples are:

Humanities
Art
Communications
Dance
Film
Foreign Language
Journalism
Literature
Music
Philosophy
Photography
Radio & Television
Religion
Speech
Theater Arts
Writing (advanced)

Social Sciences
Anthropology
Archaeology
Cultural Geography
Economics
History
Labor Studies
Political Science
Psychology
Sociology

Natural Science / Mathematics
Astronomy
Biology
Chemistry
Computer Sciences* * not to include Data Processing or Computer Literacy
Environmental Science
Geology
Mathematics
Meteorology
Oceanography
Physical Geology
Physics

English Comp I with a "C" or better from a regionally accredited college is still required.

Any questions, please ask.

Oscar Lopez-Martinez MAEd, RRT, CPFT
Director of Clinical Education
Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program
Medical Education & Training Campus
Fort Sam Houston, TX
oscar.lopez-martinez.civ@mail.mil
Office: (210) 808-3781
Fax: (210) 808-3771

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok I just received an email from my career counselor yesterday. He has submitted my transcript and paperwork to HRC. So I am hoping that it will get approved. Do to the Government Shut down they were not allowing any reclass submissions. Or that is what he told me. I only have 5 more classes until I am done with my bachelors degree. So I am hoping that they will except me with everything I have completed so far. I was also told that the school seat will not be until Oct. of 2014 which is fine I will have my bachelors degree completed by then.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok this is an update. I received conformation today that I have a class seat reserved and Monday or Tuesday of next week I will be reenlisting for it. Thanks

Posts: 7 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
im a spc with a automatic p status can i still reclass to 68v even tho i have not been to the board

Posts: 3 | Location: ft stewart | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
SPC Smith,

Although the grade requirement says SPC(P) to SGT non-P, I would still move forward with the request for 68V. That's not a huge priority.

Good luck.

Oscar Lopez-Martinez, MAEd, RRT, CPFT
Fort Sam Houston, TX

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Although this thread doesn't pertain to me, it's awesome to see that someone at the schoolhouse is reading and responding to these posts. Thank you Mr. Lopez-Martinez.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the compliment. I know that there are many websites out there that are full of misinformation, causing unnecessary confusion and stress to our SMs. I try to find them in order to provide the most current information possible. If you know of any other websites that SMs use to get info on schools, please share them with me. I'll join those as well.

Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program Medical Education & Training Campus
Fort Sam Houston, TX

posted Hide Post
Do you think the program will ever open to SSGs?

Posts: 42 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
We have had a couple of SSG's and even one SFC in all the years I have been associated with this program but they were all Army Reserves and special waivers had to be granted. However, this happened many years ago. None since the program became an associate degree producing school. Sorry.

Fort Sam Houston, TX

posted Hide Post
Hmmm well thats good to know, thanks!

Posts: 42 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wildmojo
posted Hide Post
Mr. Lopez-Martinez,
I was thinking about dropping the paperwork for voluntary reclass to 68V. How are slots looking for classes? Are "short fuse" seats a reality? I having been discussing the possibility with my wife and it might be the right career decision for me. Just curious, thank you.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
Wildmojo,

We at the schoolhouse have absolutely no control, or knowledge for that matter, over how many slots are available. The Army's requirements for 68Vs ultimately dictates how many students are sent through the program. We only set requirements for admission, and the limitation on how many students we can accept per class. Your career counselor is the person to talk to.

Best of luck.

Fort Sam Houston, TX

Picture of Wildmojo
posted Hide Post
Roger, thank you though.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mr. Lopez, currently in the Jr class at irtp, would you list what text books besides eagans that we will be using for the resp portion please? I'm sure everyone else on the thread would appreciate it! As will I! Furthermore, for all those interested in the program, just know that it is academically intense; however, the risk reward ratio is worth it. From what I understand its one of if not the only enlisted program to offer a degree. Just prior to starting the program ensure that you send TESC your transcripts and have an unofficial transcript on your person. If you're active duty already, I would recommend doing your pre-req's with Thomas Eddison State College. It really simplifies the process of transition.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 23 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post