ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    68V a really good move!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

68V a really good move!
 Login/Join

Picture of SGTMoslak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Nailed a 77 on the CRT I passed, about 6 couldn't take it, for different transcript reasons and 1 one failed it out of 22.

What transcript reasons? Maybe I should get an updated transcript from the college I've done classes with here at Ft. Riley. Oh and the barracks there...what are they like? Do I room with someone or are they like the walk into the main part with bathroom and sink then 2 more doors that lead to the individuals bedroom? I just want to know so I know how much stuff I should/shouldn't bring.

Posts: 14 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
SGT Moslak,
The "transcripts issue" was a glitch that occurred because we were just starting the first associate degree class but were required to seat students who were accepted into the program before the pre-requirements went into effect. We tried to get them to finish the pre-reqs during the program through CLEPs, etc but some were unable to complete them on time and have to wait to take their CRT until they complete all the requirements for the degree. There were only 2 or 3 that I recall that fall in this category. The second class did better in this respect because prospective students are being better advised about the pre-reqs. There was only 1 student in this class that needs to finish the requirements.
My advise to all interested students is to send all your college credits to Thomas Edison State College for evaluation. The mailing address is:

Thomas Edison State College
Office of Military and Veteran Education
ATTN: Louis Martini
101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176

The last class that graduated had a 91% firsttime pass rate for the CRT. The honor grad scored a 95%!

I hope this helps.

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTMoslak
posted Hide Post
Just got to the class and this is for all the people who come after and are reading this....MAKE SURE AND BE POSITIVE that the credit hours for Humanities and English 1 are from a regionally Accredited College NOT from a Nationally Accredited College. If you don't have the pre-requirements...they will kick you out!

Posts: 14 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Wreath
posted Hide Post
I am planning to re-enlist for this MOS soon and I have a few questions if anyone is willing.

1. I am currently a SGT. I know there are long waits for this school. I know I can't reclass for this if I become promotable, but am I restricted from promotion once I am accepted and have orders, or will my orders be voided if I am promoted? My next promotion has already been discussed and I wonder if it's something I will have to turn down despite the fact that I will still be in my unit for a considerable time after I re-class.

2. As far as the pre-req English and Humanities, do I have to have them complete before I re-enlist? Or can I re-enlist as long as I complete the credits before school?

Appreciate any help,
SGT Charles Wreath

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 07 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTMoslak
posted Hide Post
You need to get rid of it before you get here. Also you need to have the credits before you get here. Remember... Regionaly accredited.

posted Hide Post
You could always submit a 4187 to decline a (P) status.

Lets face it, the Army's policies change VERY frequently. What is regulation now (SGT non-promotable or below) could change in the year and a half minimum you would have to wait before you would actually get to San Antonio. Know what I mean?

If its your goal to do Respiratory just go for it.

As a caution though, E-6 promotions are VERY slow in this MOS.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Gil
posted Hide Post
I guess you could same I'm sitting in the same situation with mostly the same questions as some of the potential 68V's on this forum. (Tons of good information by the way) I am a SGT (non-P) and I have my 3 hours of Comp I (ENGL) and 3 hours of humanities (appreciation of fine arts ... don't laugh, I was down range) both from Central Texas College which I do believe is regionally accredited. My biggest question, and I believe Mr. Lopez has hit on this some (I just want to make sure) is I went through my badge wearing BN career counselor today and 68V FINALLY popped back on the BEAR program. He printed out something that I believe is the DA PAM ... not sure, believe it is what tells you the qual's and prereq's for an MOS. I'm staring at it right now and it still states that you need algebra and chemistry (high school 1yr or 1 sem of college ...no minimum grade is mentioned), the 6 college credits already mentioned with a minimum of a 'C' and then goes on to mention about the service remaining requirements. OK, I have ready through this post and others to were I was hoping someone could confirm this for me. The CC told me to get him my highschool and college transcripts ASAP. After reading some of the wonderful knowledge Mr. Lopez and the rest of you have shared I went ahead a few minutes ago and requested Central Texas College to send TESC a official sealed copy of my transcripts with the two required college courses (got an 'A' in both). I guess I am stumped, worried, and confused as to what is accurate? Is the Army's DA PAM not updated? I have really been striving for this MOS and hope to have a reclass/bear extension done real soon. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

SGT Gil

Posts: 7 | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Oscar Lopez
posted Hide Post
SGT Gil,

I know how frustrating it is to get conflicting information from what should be accurate sources. The program, in its current form, is way ahead of the administrative process that provides information to career counselors, recruiters, etc. We have updated all the documents, policies, etc. on our end to make sure that the right information is available but, as you can see, there are still a few problems out there.

Regardless, the information that I put out before is accurate. The only academic prerequisites for the Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program (68V) are 3 credits of English Comp I and 3 credits of a Humanities course from a regionally accredited college or university with a "C" or better. Disregard all of the high school algebra, chemistry, etc.

You did the right thing by sending your transcripts to Thomas Edison State College.
I hope to see you in one of our classes.

Best of luck.

Oscar Lopez-Martinez MAEd, RRT, CPFT
Director of Clinical Education
Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program
Medical Education & Training Campus
Fort Sam Houston, TX
oscar.lopez-martinez.civ@mail.mil
Office: (210) 808-3781
Fax: (210) 808-3771

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Sam Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In/Out calls reflect ability to enter 68V, but as of 1 March 2012 (unless its not updated on www.armyreenlistment.com) its not on BEAR and hasn't since about 2007.

Picture of SGT Wreath
posted Hide Post
A new bear message has posted that goes into effect on 15 March that does include 68V.

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 07 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What is your source though? Because for me it has been www.armyreenlistment.com. So it would be great to hear of another source that produces earlier info. Thanks for the heads up.

Picture of SGT Wreath
posted Hide Post
My unit retention NCO. I read the message in his office on the 29th.

posted Hide Post
Just so I am not confused what was the start date of this policy if you can get it?

If not, no big deal, I am just attempting to stay up on this.

Basically I am attempting to find out out weather if this is a dated policy or not, and help everyone here if its not, or if it is, ensuring it gets disseminated further through other blogs, rants, etc.

Picture of SGT Wreath
posted Hide Post
It is effective on the 15th.

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! I am in my window for reenlistment and I had been really interested in this program for a while now. I mentioned to my retention NCO that it would be on the BEAR program list effective 15 march but he tells me that the milper message he has does not mention 68V, and I could not find it myself. Either way I'm going to attempt this. Right now I have all the prerequisites except for the ST score on the ASVAB. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a waiver for the ST score? Or if I can reenlist for the MOS as long as I take the ASVAB before I report for the class? This is the only thing holding me back right now. Also is the report date still a year to two years out? Thank you.
Spc Reyes

Demaris Reyes
SPC US Army

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post