ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    Bunch of crap!....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bunch of crap!....
 Login/Join

Picture of Wildmojo
posted
It certainly seems that everything that I try to do in the ARMY is always turned into a sh*t show. I submitted a voluntary reclass packet back in October. For some reason, it took until mid December to hear anything. I found out that it was rejected for dumb crap. It got resubmitted with an override. I just checked on it, and so far nothing. After almost seven years in the military, I should expect this, I know. But damn it, it so frustrating. I had problems with getting into Field Sanitation and Unit Armorer class. I had problems with getting orders to PCS. We had problems with TLA... WTF! I'm not a patient person, obviously. I feel like I keep dealing with people who crawled out of the shallow end of the gene pool. Sorry guys, I had to rant.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ranting is not bad, it's a stress.reliever...or in some cases a re-live-er...

My first question is if you understand what steps your packet takes when it leaves your hands?

A 2 month turn around seems perfectly normal as it goes from you to your company for review, spell check, correctness according to AR 25-50 and any local necessities then up to the battalion to repeat that process and perhaps even to brigade before going to Human Resources Command for review, debate, deliberation and a coffee break before they decide what to do with you.

There is a regulation which governs TLA, did you make yourself aware of what is authorized and any limitations?

Some of the rest is just unfortunate circumstance but never forget that knowledge is what grants you power in many situations.

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Yongsan, South Korea | Registered: 04 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wildmojo
posted Hide Post
I know the process for the packet. The reclass situation is taking a long time, I spoke to someone at branch that said it usually only takes 7-10 days normally. It doesn't help that I have a constant issue with certain things here. There seems to always be some issue (system is down, can't log in, blah blah blah....)The issue with TLA was that none of us were getting paid for the first month I was here because some genius let the guy in Finance at Shafter retire without having a replacement. They didn't have anyone to approve TLA. Dumb...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildmojo:
There seems to always be some issue (system is down, can't log in, blah blah blah....)The issue with TLA was that none of us were getting paid for the first month I was here because some genius let the guy in Finance at Shafter retire without having a replacement. They didn't have anyone to approve TLA. Dumb...

So this quoted section basically makes you sound like a baby that is just whining.

Would you like it if yo uwere going to retire but they just told you no because there wasn't a replacement. More than likely this guy was a Civilian, it takes a lot to hire another guy. So the other guy should just push back his retirement plans just because the system is slow?

Prior to that you complain that there are problems with the system going down and people not being able to log in to something. If this is the case it is not the user and there is something going on with the system.

Basically you have taken your ranting which was perfectly fine and now have turned it into whining and complaining just because you are not a "patient person". Patience is a part of growing up. The world and the Army does not revolve around you and there is a process and way everything is done especially in the Military. It is life that things will go wrong. Nothing and no one is perfect and you need to learn to overcome these issues or you are going to have a very hard time in your career.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
After 7 years in the military, and it seems you are a PFC? That is why your packet was disapproved I'm assuming. What an over achiever you seem to be....

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wildmojo
posted Hide Post
Fifty, no, I'm not a PFC. It was disapproved and all it said was that I didn't meet the qualifications, which is not the case. That is why we had to resend it. I didn't mean to sound whiny, just very frustrated. 68XAlltheway, the guy was a civilian, I give two shits. He was the only guy who apparently could approve TLA payments, not just for me, but for everyone who was stuck in lodging. My leadership had to get involved. I'm pretty sure that when the only other person that can do his job is in Alaska and we're in Hawaii... He should have had a replacement. 30 days is an aweful long time to not get a single TLA payment, especially when the hotel is asking about payment. That was actually two years ago, I was just answering Kargin since he asked about it. I know the world doesn't revolve around me, never said it did. As far as a process or a way everything is done in the Army, if by that you mean everything looking like a monkey fucking a football, then you are correct. There is no real process, as much as we tout standardization, there isn't much of that going on. Sell your shit somewhere else. I'm almost 40, I lost my patience a long time ago. I just fail to believe that everything, and I mean, everything needs to be FUBAR all the time. Like I said, I just had to rant the day I posted the first comment. My second comment was just to answer the other guy.

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
The problem with the TLA is jacked up, I can agree with that much, buy what can you do? He should have had a replacement, but he didn't so what happens next? Concerning the rest of your issues, contrary to popular belief there is a method to the madness, and it's often beyond our pay grade. My advice is worry about what you can control and send the rest up the chain with some regular follow up. Other than that, suck it up old man, you're in the Army now Smiler

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wildmojo
posted Hide Post
SSG T.- lol, Roger that. There is a reason we say embrace the suck. Like I said, I was just venting originally. The TLA got taken care of, I just thought it was a crappy situation to put all of us who were new to the island in. Actually, I ended up having to get a small AER loan to have money to feed the family and pay for gas. Hopefully I can get some new info this week about my reclass packet, the holidays definitely haven't. I got word back about the Unit Armorer class that I put in for, so that is a plus. I'm about to submit my WLC packet as well. Crossing my fingers. I do appreciate all of your comments though guys. I just have to try to be positive. They just don't make it easy.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildmojo:
SSG T.- lol, Roger that. There is a reason we say embrace the suck. Like I said, I was just venting originally. The TLA got taken care of, I just thought it was a crappy situation to put all of us who were new to the island in. Actually, I ended up having to get a small AER loan to have money to feed the family and pay for gas. Hopefully I can get some new info this week about my reclass packet, the holidays definitely haven't. I got word back about the Unit Armorer class that I put in for, so that is a plus. I'm about to submit my WLC packet as well. Crossing my fingers. I do appreciate all of your comments though guys. I just have to try to be positive. They just don't make it easy.

I do not know what rank you are currently and how many times you have PCSed in your seven years but its heartbreaking to read about one of our own needing AER loans (for your years in and for that reason) to make ends meet.

I hope you have taken a financial budget class; as well as applying for food stamps. Even though its rough for most of us to support families with our pay; the pay is still sufficient enough to live within our means and to get out of the "living to paycheck to paycheck" stumbling block. Years that I have received good tax returns, I have used that to pay down bills and to save.

On another note, I never had issues with TLA/DLA and sorry you had to experience that. In Korea, I was very fortunate on getting my TLA payments on time after living at the base hotel for over a month. I just ensured I submitted my TLA ASAP when required.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post