ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    How long before you can reclass after a PCS move
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long before you can reclass after a PCS move
 Login/Join

posted
I am coming home from deployment with the 82nd to Bragg and will be PCSing to either Bliss or Drum more than likely in Dec of this year. How long do I have to wait after arriving at my new unit until I am able to reenlist/reclass? I am 11B, on 2nd enlistement, looking to change to a different MOS but got orders before I was able to reup for what I wanted. My ETS date right now is Feb 2012.

How long do I have to be at the new unit before I can reclass?

Posts: 6 | Location: Bragg | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If it is one of the packet MOSs (Civil Affairs,PSYOP,SF and a few others) There is no limit. As long as you aren't set to deploy in the next 90 days, they waive you through any other "holds".

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
so if for instance I am gettig orders to Drum and i have to extend a few months to fulfill the orders, as long as my new UIC isnt set to deploy in 90 days i can reclass soon after arriving?

Posts: 6 | Location: Bragg | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i am currently on orders to ft hood from korea as 19d (apr report date), been so since nov 2013, in late jan 2014 i finally received my school date for 12p for reclassification (aug 4th school date 2014)

my ets date is oct 2014

can you specify the reg which states i can be waived on case-by-case bases or otherwise to reclass after going to my gaining unit? i am told that i have to honor 12 month stabilization after getting there even after, i've locked through reclass/stabilization regs and so far haven't found the appropriate waiver

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post