ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    51C Information
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

51C Information
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you MSG! I know you are probably annoyed by all of our eagerness.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 07 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you, MSG for the updates we appericate you for keeping us informed.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am interested in becoming 51C. I just received projected orders for assignment on my ERB. Can I still apply for 51C or do I have to wait after being at next duty station for a specified time frame?

Posts: 1 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 03 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Q9. Can a solider submit a packet if he/she is on assignment?

No. If the current line on the Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) indicates the Soldier is on assignment he/she will need to contact their Branch Manager and ask for the assignment to be removed, or the Branch Manager needs to type a memorandum stating that the solider will be removed from assignment if he/she is selected for MOS 51C

Posts: 6 | Registered: 07 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am really looking into this MOS and just really looked into the day the last board ended. I would just like a rough guess if I stand a chance at these boards.

SGT (p)
9 yrs TIS
3 yrs TIG
Started a business degree, haven't taken any business classes yet.
NCOERs: 1/1, 2/1, 2/1 (from latest to oldest)
GT: 121
MOS 46R (recently reclassed from 13T, `1.5 yrs ago)

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jae_3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undecided36:
Hi, was interested in the PP slides you mentioned. I'm thinking of reclassing to 51c, but still undecided. Curious to know what a typical 51C day is like. Like many in the Army, I've gotten stuck in the rut of "not doing my job". I'm currently on my 2nd MOS and still don't do my job. :-\

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_3:
I am in the course right now being given in D.C., then Huntsville. It is alot of information to retain and alot of responsibility, but it is worth it because of the opportunities available while enlisted and after retirement I think. SGM Jones, the head enlisted 51C, told us they are looking to reclass alot of NCOs within the next two years.
He wants us to tell NCOs about the MOS. If anyone needs the powerpoint slide, send me a text.

The Army Contracting Command has gone through several restructuring changes since I posted that message so the slides I have are out of date. If you want to know what the command structure is like and what goes on in a typical workday, I can answer your general questions, just PM me.

“Trust, but Verify”

Posts: 27 | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
All notifications from the April 2014 board have been e-mailed out to applicants.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just wondering if this is normal in the 51C MOS. I was selected during the October board while in Afghanistan and am currently slotted to go to the July school in Huntsville. Outside of the letter I received notifying me that I was selected, I have yet to receive any other contact from the school house. I don't have a follow on assignment and everything I read is that the assignments are usually TDY in route. If that's the case, I am less than 60 days out with no orders to PCS. I have tried many times to contact Branch, but all I'm told is that I'm pending orders to Germany. However Levy, S-1, EFMP are not tracking this. Does anyone have an alternate POC so that I may find out where I'm going and a report date? Also, is there a published packing list for school? I haven't been able to find one anywhere.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hunter1123
posted Hide Post
You might have to bother the 51C branch manager again so he can push everything to HRC.. You should hear something from the school soon too.. I have class this June and received the welcome packet (email) 2 weeks ago. You should have at the very least received the email confirming your school slot (within ATRRS). Did you take your letter to your retention NCO to begin with? They're the ones that get you your school slot (or at least submit pw FOR the slot).. You've got a branch manager, retention NCO, and a Proponent at your disposal... Bother them.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hello, All

I just made E5 in May.
I am very interested in the MOS and want to put a packet asap however, my TIS is only 31 months so far.

Before I joined the Army, I was in Transportation/Logistics industry and also was a pricing analyst and in a product management team in the same industry.

I want to know if my civilian work history will affect the selection board in a favorable way, and if I could get a waiver for TIS.

I have a BA, and will start a dual MA in Supply Chain and Logistics and MBA.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Hood, TX | Registered: 16 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Armytoy:
Hello, All

I just made E5 in May.
I am very interested in the MOS and want to put a packet asap however, my TIS is only 31 months so far.

Before I joined the Army, I was in Transportation/Logistics industry and also was a pricing analyst and in a product management team in the same industry.

I want to know if my civilian work history will affect the selection board in a favorable way, and if I could get a waiver for TIS.

I have a BA, and will start a dual MA in Supply Chain and Logistics and MBA.

No waiver for TIS.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you, MSG.
I was hoping to reclass to 51C and still be E5, until my TIS meets the requirement.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Hood, TX | Registered: 16 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My husband was selected in the April board. His unit has lifted his W code and his EFMP paperwork has been updated. His brigade career counselor said this is all he needed to get done to submit his paperwork to HRC for his reclassification. He was just curious how quickly he could receive a training seat? Thank you!

Posts: 10 | Location: Ft. Hood | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just popped in, and have been following this post initially....prolly should have reclassed. Anyways, glad to see that you made MSG 51C!

What are the ultra current TIS quals TOP? I currently have 13 in as a E-6. Could I still apply?

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Just popped in, and have been following this post initially....prolly should have reclassed. Anyways, glad to see that you made MSG 51C!

What are the ultra current TIS quals TOP? I currently have 13 in as a E-6. Could I still apply?

No, cut off at 13 years.