ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    51C Information
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

51C Information
 Login/Join

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justawifey:
My husband was selected in the April board. His unit has lifted his W code and his EFMP paperwork has been updated. His brigade career counselor said this is all he needed to get done to submit his paperwork to HRC for his reclassification. He was just curious how quickly he could receive a training seat? Thank you!

No training seats before FY15.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Either way, I am VERY happy for the opportunity available to the Soldiers that grab up this opportunity when they have the minimum quals.

While I don't regret my switch to 68V, I understand the rank progression to be much more streamlined in the 51 series, and I am quite happy for those Soldiers that take advantage of this opportunity.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
MSG, thanks for all your help on the assignment information. I went to BDE retention last week and they informed me I was pending assignment to Ft Sam Houston. Is there any information or links that you can send my way about the contracting units located on Fort Sam? Thanks again for the help!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was just wondering how often you PCS with this MOS? Since it is limited to such a small number of people do you tend to have to move around a lot or do you usually get to stay at a duty station for a significant amount of time?

Posts: 10 | Location: Ft. Hood | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justawifey:
I was just wondering how often you PCS with this MOS? Since it is limited to such a small number of people do you tend to have to move around a lot or do you usually get to stay at a duty station for a significant amount of time?

Generally speaking, 36 months.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hunter1123
posted Hide Post
For those already in a 51 slot, what is stopping you from going to the officer side? Most have bachelors and if you really enjoy contracting, can always come back after company command. I'm assuming half are because of TIS/TIG but just wondering if anyone else has put any thought/done this..

Posts: 26 | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter1123:
For those already in a 51 slot, what is stopping you from going to the officer side? Most have bachelors and if you really enjoy contracting, can always come back after company command. I'm assuming half are because of TIS/TIG but just wondering if anyone else has put any thought/done this..

Because most of us will be out of touch with the contracting side when it is time to go back. Not to mention the Certification requirements change (usually at the beginning of the fiscal year). In all honesty, a good percentage of the NCO's will just get out and become 1102s and make more money without having to wear the uniform anymore. We took this job to further our options for when we get out.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 04 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 42AttacheNCO1:
I used to religiously read this when I applied for this mos. They weren't taking in people due to the drawdown but we're opened back up again. This is probably one of the best jobs I'm the army. Hoping this page will be busy again with interested personnel with questions.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 05 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Active Duty to Reserves as a 51C. Are there any 51C Reservists here that can offer some insight for someone that will transfer into the Reserves fall of 2018. As in do you actually do 51C work when you do your drill weekend and/or AT? Do you deploy a lot? Also, what is the promotion like for us?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Posts: 32 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post