ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    51C Information
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

51C Information
 Login/Join

Picture of ChelseaFC
posted Hide Post
I will be finished on the 21 of July. Not a very hard course you just have to study. You only have 4 multiple choice test. After that you will be doing labs. You will enjoy it and you will learn a lot.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I got a school date on January in Alabama. Anyone attending MRAC at this time?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG W:

I'm attending that class.. Wish it was sooner lol

Posts: 98 | Registered: 03 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who can I contact to see if I can get an earlier school date..

Posts: 98 | Registered: 03 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok got my school reservation today april going to lackland who can give me some intel like living arrangements and stuff. I could look at earlier post but im in iraq my internet is super slow

Posts: 33 | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cabledawg82:
I emailed my packet last week go an out of the office reply also. However I put a read receipt on the email and it was read last monday now i'm waiting for the board to convene

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I wasn't selected for 51C this past board but I talked with the Proponent Office and they said they didn't understand why I was selected that they graded my packet outstanding. Then the woman said oh well you only submitted one NCOER. I replied to the woman, well I've only been an NCO for 19 months meaning I would only have one NCOER. Then she proceeded to ask me how it was possible I was a SSG then. It's called fast tracking! Anyways, she instructed me to write a memorandum stating that I've only been an NCO for so many months and only have one NCOER for the next board and I should be good to go. With that said, does anyone have any idea of what this memo should look like? Just a memorandum for record?

Posts: 22 | Location: Fort Stewart | Registered: 21 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG WWR:
Unfortunately I wasn't selected for 51C this past board but I talked with the Proponent Office and they said they didn't understand why I was selected that they graded my packet outstanding. Then the woman said oh well you only submitted one NCOER. I replied to the woman, well I've only been an NCO for 19 months meaning I would only have one NCOER. Then she proceeded to ask me how it was possible I was a SSG then. It's called fast tracking! Anyways, she instructed me to write a memorandum stating that I've only been an NCO for so many months and only have one NCOER for the next board and I should be good to go. With that said, does anyone have any idea of what this memo should look like? Just a memorandum for record?

You are so high speed and fast tracking, figure it out stud. Do some research.

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The 51C inbox is a separate inbox set up to receive 51C Reclassification Packets. The Out-of-office reply is your "received" receipt notifying you that our office has received your packet. The out-of-office reply also contains valuable information that should prompt you to go back and review the information that you are submitting. It also lists 51C board dates and cut-off packet submission dates.

You should ALWAYS go to the USAASC website for the most up-to-date information as it pertains to MOS 51C Reclassification. The 51C Prerequisites, Memorandum Examples (that should be submitted with your packets), POC information and Reclassification Instructions can be found at our website. We do our best to contact every soldier that submits an incomplete packet but a lot of errors can be omitted if you download the Reclassification Instructions and make sure every requirement is checked off before you submit your packet. Please note that we do not send incomplete packets to the Board.

Some common errors found in 51C packets:

1. The soldier has a "2" in their PUHLES but did not submit a profile with the packet. NO EXCEPTIONS to this.

2. The soldier did not submit their last "4" NCOERs. We can look at your ERB and determine whether or not you have four NCOERs, so if you have them - submit them.

3. Reclassification Request memo does not state "Why you would like to become a 51C AL&T NCO". Please check the website for the example format.

4. The soldier did not supply a valid email address or phone number. We cannot contact you if you do not supply the correct email or phone number.

Acceptance/Denial letter notifications are sent out via email (on average) about 3-4 weeks after the Board convenes. We receive many phone calls prior to the notification release and this sometimes slows down the process. We WILL NOT release ANY information prior to final notification, so please refrain from asking. We understand how important this life-changing event is to the soldier but there are many things that we have to do before we can send out final notifications. Your patience is always appreciated!

As always, if you have questions you can contact our office (USAASC Proponent Office), but PLEASE make sure to check the website FIRST! Most questions can be eliminated and valuable time can be saved just by clicking a few buttonsSmiler

JUST A SIDE NOTE: I do not monitor this forum "often" but I occasionally "pop in" from time to time. There is a lot of good advice out here from soldiers who have gone through the process but I just want to make sure that everyone is receiving the correct information. If you're not sure, don't guess at what the answer "might" be. Check our website and if you can't find the answer there, pick up the phone and call or email.

quote:
Originally posted by TLH:
quote:
I emailed my packet last week go an out of the office reply also. However I put a read receipt on the email and it was read last monday now i'm waiting for the board to convene

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TLH,

posted Hide Post
There are a few misquotes in the statements below that need to be corrected. The proponent office does not reveal the way any packet is graded by the Board and would never tell a Soldier that they don't understand why their packet was not selected. If a Soldier inquires about why their packet was not selected you may receive advice in reference to some trends in Board packet reviews that may help you (or not) when resubmitting your packet for a future Board. The proponent office receives hundreds of reclass packets and is very familiar with the term "fast tracking" and understands that some soldiers may only have one or two NCOERs because of TIG. The memo doesn't have to be anything formal or in any kind of special format just a few lines stating that because of TIG you only have one NCOER submission vs four per the prerequisite requirement. The memo is not a requirement just a suggestion. The statement that insinuates by you submitting this memo "you should be good to go" is a little misleading to others that might be reading this blog. Following the suggestion listed above doesn't mean that your packet will automatically be accepted by a future Board it simply means that you can resubmit and your packet will be boarded the same as all other submissions.
quote:
Originally posted by SSG WWR:

posted Hide Post
Does the O-5 or above have to be a commander?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The O-5 or above should be your commander.
quote:
Originally posted by 68G30:
Does the O-5 or above have to be a commander?

posted Hide Post
For those who are in class now or have attended class in the past. I have a question is it TDY enroute or TDY and return? Also if TDY enroute how far in advance did you get your assignment prior to you attending the course?

Posts: 33 | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EX-BUDGETNCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those who are in class now or have attended class in the past. I have a question is it TDY enroute or TDY and return? Also if TDY enroute how far in advance did you get your assignment prior to you attending the course?

When I went to school last year everyone in my class was TDY Enroute with the exception of 1 person and that was because she was dual military and someone at reassignments screwed up her & her spouses PCS orders. I found out my follow on assignment 2 months prior to going to school.

Posts: 185 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EX-BUDGETNCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG W:

The course in Alabama is not called MRAC, the course there is AABC (Army Acquisition Basic Course).

Posts: 185 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post