ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    51C Information
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

51C Information
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
picked up on orders to Ft. Drum. anyone have any news to share about the post, housing or the 51Cs stationed there?

Posts: 30 | Registered: 10 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes I'm headed to Eglin AFB. When do you head out to Ft. Drum. I dont know any 51Cs there but I do know someone who just PCS there in May. I can ask them about the housing;as far as how long a wait it is.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
will be there by Dec. Elgin is a decent spot to be at. I am coming from a combat MOS, and knowing what to expect when the PCS time came. Guess starting a new MOS and moving to a new duty station has me a little apprehensive.

Posts: 30 | Registered: 10 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This MOS has me interested. I just got off of recruiting duty and will be signing into my new battalion shortly. I am going back to the Infantry which I love, but looking from a family perspective and potential to network and retire with options.

I have a couple of questions.
I know I have to wait at least one year on station to submit my packet. I understand that, and that will not be an issue. The questions I have are:

What is the day to day life like?
How competitive am I?

Quick overview of Career (9 years, will have to submit waiver for TIS):
o Infantry SSG
o 2 Deployments - Iraq totaling 28 months
o Recruiter
o Bachelors degree in Business Administration w/ emphasis in marketing
o 20 Semester hours toward my Masters in Emergency and Disaster Management
(Will finish it before I submit my packet)
o Awards: 4 ARCOMS, 4 AAMS, Recruiter Badge Gold with 3 sapphires and ring. EIB/CIB/Air Assault/ Drivers Badge.
o Schools: WLC, ALC, Air Assault, Combatives Level 1, CLS, Mobile Retention Course, and Recruiting School.

(Downfall when I submit my last four NCOERs it will probably have three years of recruiting and one for Squad Leader)

I hope this is enough information to give anyone an idea. Any help would be aprreciative Thank you.

Posts: 165 | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 11B34:
This MOS has me interested. I just got off of recruiting duty and will be signing into my new battalion shortly. I am going back to the Infantry which I love, but looking from a family perspective and potential to network and retire with options.

I know I have to wait at least one year on station to submit my packet. I understand that, and that will not be an issue. The questions I have are:

How competitive am I?

o Infantry SSG
o Recruiter
o Awards: 4 ARCOMS, 4 AAMS, Recruiter Badge Gold with 3 sapphires and ring. EIB/CIB/Air Assault/ Drivers Badge.
o Schools: WLC, ALC, Air Assault, Combatives Level 1, CLS, Mobile Retention Course, and Recruiting School.

(Downfall when I submit my last four NCOERs it will probably have three years of recruiting and one for Squad Leader)

I hope this is enough information to give anyone an idea. Any help would be aprreciative Thank you.

You'd be a step above since you already have at least a Bachelors. I would not wait until you finish your Masters to submit a packet. Get it done sooner, rather than later as it is becoming quite competitive to join.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arriving at Lackland for beginning of 8wks school in the morning. Very excited ready to start this new chapter in the Army. Just wondering is it pretty easy going at lackland and do airmen fill the rest of the class slots. Also got orders for Ft. Cambell anyone headed to this command wondering about the post.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
How am I looking for the guys who are already accepted. I have 31 semester hours, 7yrs and 7months Service. 4 NCOERs as 92Y Supply, one as among the best. Great letter of recommendation from my LTC. What do you think my chances are? Or what can I do to improve my chances? I dont know when the next board will be just making sure I got everything.

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when or where the board results will come out?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cargo Handler:

Check out

http://live.usaasc.info/career...ication-information/

It has some information on the board dates and what not on the right hand side, about 3/4 of the way down.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me where i find a copy of the packing list for the school? I am going to school in Nov and nobody at my unit has been able to tell me where a packing list is.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EX-BUDGETNCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btuck025:
Can anyone tell me where i find a copy of the packing list for the school? I am going to school in Nov and nobody at my unit has been able to tell me where a packing list is.

There isn't a packing list, well at least there wasn't one when I went thru. If you are going to AABC in Huntsville, all you need is ACU's and PT's since you will have to do a weigh-in and possibly a PT test. If you are going to MRAC at Lackland AFB, then you will need those things and your Class A's or ASU's.

Posts: 168 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btuck025:

Do you know where you going to be assigned to? I go to school in January and still have no clue where I'm going to be stationed at...

Posts: 98 | Registered: 03 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cargo Handler:

It's usually about 30 days after the board convenes

Posts: 98 | Registered: 03 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm going in December and I haven't gotten any orders either. I wrote an email to the 51c assignment manager a couple of weeks ago to ask about it and he said that I should be seeing something in a month or so.

Do you know where you going to be assigned to? I go to school in January and still have no clue where I'm going to be stationed at...[/QUOTE]

Posts: 36 | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 11B34:

How competitive am I?

o Infantry SSG
o Recruiter

Hey brother I was somewhat identical to you when I got selected. The last three of my ncoers came from recruiting also. So I wouldn't be to worried like 51C said you should go ahead and submit your packet.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post