ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    The good and bad of 46Q/46R
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The good and bad of 46Q/46R
 Login/Join

Picture of mcgeorge36
posted Hide Post
Honestly, not really sure right now. Like I said in one of my posts, the post commander had some issues with us in the barracks, so the last class that came on, most of them are in hotels off post or the guest house. Not really sure what the current situation is. You will end up being in my platoon, 6th platoon. We just got a brand new 1SG last month, and honestly, thy guys is out of control. Look forward to seeing you when you get here.

Posts: 85 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 12 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah cant wait to start, 12 hour drive from Ft. Campbell is gonna suck though. Whats the 1SG making you guys do??? I really don't want to be treated like AIT Joe Snuffy when I arrive...

Posts: 88 | Location: ft. campbell | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mcgeorge36
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you made it here or not, but if you have, you are starting to see some of the things that we have to deal with. Good luck, and hit me up when you get a chance.

Posts: 85 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 12 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mjkeith99
posted Hide Post
I've been following this pretty closely as I'm going to be attending for 46q reclass in Jan. Any more updates or advice? Are Non-IET soldiers still in the barracks? Thanks for all the updates and information so far. It is very much appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mcgeorge36
posted Hide Post
mjkeith99,
Not sure how the barracks thing is going. It actually went back and forth there a few times while I was there for new students coming in and out, so it may just be lick of the draw. As far as advice, go there with an open mind. Accept the fact that you will have to learn some things that you thought you knew. Look through this thread, and take the practice test on the link that I gave, and also look at the other links that I put up. Trust me, if it has been a while since you have taken an English class, it will show. Most of all, when the weekend comes, try to get out in the area and have some fun to decompress. The class will have it's ups and downs, and be a little stressful at times, but learn to let it go once in a while. I'm just starting the job here, so any questions you have, feel free to ask.

posted Hide Post
I have a 46r class in Jan. I'm currently in Germany and I leave here in Dec. I don't have orders or a follow on assignment yet. SFC beach told me you don't get an assignment until after u finish school but what am I suppose to do with my car and hhg? Are u authorized a rental car there?

Posts: 10 | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
RUSH88,

Im currently at DINFOS in the 46R course.

quote:
I don't have orders or a follow on assignment yet. SFC beach told me you don't get an assignment until after u finish school but what am I suppose to do with my car and hhg? Are u authorized a rental car there?

I had follow on orders four months before attending DINFOS, so they might have some issues at HRC right now. Are you TDY and return or TDY enroute? As far as a rental car, you dont really need one. Everything is within walking distance if you live in the Freedom Center, which you probably will. I live in Army lodging (hotel) on the Army's dime. They usually place the people with cars in hotels and those without, in the Freedom Center.

Any questions regarding the course, or life here at DINFOS? I know you have a ton. Ask away.

Posts: 88 | Location: ft. campbell | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How big are your classes?
You start your classes off in BWAS (Broadcast Writing and Announcing Skills) 28 seats are in that class, depending on how many people pass the class depends how much move on tovideo. We had 28 and 8 failed.

Are most reclassing?
Yes, almost everyone thats Army in your class will be reclassing aside from a few privates who usually are in the reserves or guard. You will have other services in your class.

Where are you scheduled to PCS? (just curious)
I PCS to AFN Wiesbaden, Germany in January

Also, did they use the location from ASK?
Yes, I called our branch manager as soon as I got a school seat and was able to request where I wanted to go after school

Have the instructors give you any info on civilian opportunities upon getting out? Especially Deployed contractor jobs?
Not really but we've never asked.

Is there anything you can think of that would help prepare for the classes?
Come to school ready to learn, if you have any problems or family issues fix them before coming here. You have PT formation at 0450 and the rest of the day you will be busy. Try and report early if you can and attend BPREP, which will help you in BWAS.

I would encourage you to start reading aloud. Do you have an accent, drawl? The main reason people fail BWAS is due to announcing skills. Practice your articulation word stress and emphasis. The writing portion will come if you pay attention to the instructors.

Any more questions just private message me your email or ask on here.

posted Hide Post
On a quick attempt to get me a last minute assignment I received fort Gordon. I am not too pleased with this but I don't know what I can do now since I pcs in less than 30 days and I go to school in january. Is it too late to talk to someone to change this? If I do have time to talk to someone who because no one has been receptive to my request up to this point. I really was looking forward to being stationed overseas after school.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm re-classing to 46Q and have a report date of August. For those that have re-classed, did they have you do a TDY and return, or in-route TDY? Also, how soon did you find out what your next assignment was?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mcgeorge36
posted Hide Post
Punkerbean,
The TDY enroute/in return may depend on where you are going. You very well could possibly be going back to the same duty station. Some of my classmates did that. I did TDY enroute to Fort Bliss, Texas. I also found out my assignment well before I left. You probably should find out in the next few months or so.

posted Hide Post
Found out that I will be heading to Fort Bragg in December. Any heads up on what I might expect there? I know there are a few PAO's, though no idea of which I'm assign to yet. Can't wait to get out of the Rigger field, and am glad I'm not going to Bragg as a Rigger.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone reclass to this lately? Looks like I'll be going to school for this in January or February. Do you have to drive yourself to Ft Meade or does the Army pay for a flight? How's the lodging work lately, hotel (on or off-post) or barracks? Any new tips? Going for 46Q.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is anyone on this thread still active? I am preparing to work on a packet to xfer to this mos and had a few questions. Id appreciate it if anyone here could let me know if they are still following this forum. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 30 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post