ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reclassing    11b to 56m?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11b to 56m?
 Login/Join

Picture of ghastlygeezer
posted
I was acting Chaplain Assistant for 1 year and I absolutely loved it, but it has been over strength for over 2 years until today's latest In and Out call update. It is no longer over strength it is now balanced. Can anybody give me some insight on my chances to go from one balanced MOS to another?

Posts: 11 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 24 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Have you talked to your retention NCO or career counselor?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that Chaplain's assistant was migrating to an NCO only MOS.

Probably to keep some of the riff raff down. No idea why, but I think I have only met one Chaplain assistant with a good moral compass. I have known 5 others that have stolen from collections, went AWOL, multiple ART-15's, etc.

So unless you piced up E-5 it may be dead in the water. Either way I would go see your Badge Wearing Career Counselor. It will not be an easy process, unless you are going into the Reserves or National Guard.

They used to do that type of thing (balanced to balanced, or understrength to understrength) in 2006-20010 or so, when the Army would hold on to anyone.

Its pretty common now to let you only go into an understrength, but my info won't be as current as the Career Counselor's so hear it from them and please keep the forum posted.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ghastlygeezer
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. I talked to my Retention NCO and he said switching from a balanced to a balanced MOS will most likely not happen.

Posts: 11 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 24 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post