ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Engineer    Ft Lewis Engineers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Lewis Engineers
 Login/Join

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted
Hey im a 21K spc about to PCS to Lewis just curious what the engineer units there are up to these days so any updates would be great.

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lucky in NBC
posted Hide Post
What's a 21K? I was in the major ENGINEER unit in Fort Lewis! The 555th MEB! Though i am not an engineer (am chemical) but we we're attached to the Engineer Brigade. It really depends on where you're going, but get ready to get deployed! The 14th Engineer unit is currently doing their time in Iraq. They should be coming back in a couple of months though! The 864th Engineer HEAVY is the workhorse in the brigade. They we're deployed in Iraq back in 2003 and 2004 and they redeployed to Afghanistan this time for another year tour. But when i left Ft. Lewis they we're already going back, so they should be there right now. If your MOS is that new Pipeline unit, y'all ain't gonna go anywhere unless you volunteer. Here's a link of the Brigade!

http://www.lewis.army.mil/555/

Hope this helps!

A journey of a thousand miles always begin with a single step. --Lao Tzu

Posts: 36 | Location: YG, Korea | Registered: 10 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
hey man its a plumber and im pretty sure ill be with the 864th and Im coming from the 94th in europe so i know all about being the workhorse seems like the army just likes to throw us heavies around. Are they in Afghanistan now or at Lewis? Thanks for th info and the heads up. Take it easy

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lucky in NBC
posted Hide Post
They are back in Ft. Lewis now. I checked the post paper and yea, they're home! Good luck to yah! And sonce you're coming from Germany!?! I'm sure you'll get used to the weather there! It's almost the same, damp...

Posts: 36 | Location: YG, Korea | Registered: 10 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lucky in NBC
posted Hide Post
If you really think you're going to 864th, here's their link...they have a link for incoming soldiers, so that should help you!

http://www.lewis.army.mil/864thEngineers2/index_2.html