ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Engineer    Geospatial Engineers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geospatial Engineers
 Login/Join

posted
What do these soldiers do on an average day?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
I come to work, gather imagery whether it is secret or unclassified, i run proccesses to project it to the MGRS military grid reference system, after i gather the imagery and it is geographically correct, it is then sent to the extractors who locate key targets and or key terrain features, from there it is sent to production and turned into your standard 1:50k TLM Now im in a GPC or Geospatial planning cell so we have a whole production line, now ina BCT you will have a 3-9 man team which will do that all for themselves. Its a cool MOS but it is really boring sometimes, especially when your recruiter told you that you would be pretty much an infantryman who has a skill identifier for maps, well its not that lol but the jobs on the outside are excellent!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
That is the MOS in a nutshell but if you are interested in reclassing to 21 Y then feel free to hit me up ill tell you the good and the bad, anything you want to know!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Basically what is the difference between this MOS and 35G? It appears as though there are a lot of similarities.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am interested in the Geospatial field. Has anyone met someone or know someone who has secured a job as a geospatial engineer after the Army?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
Corvette1140
Hopefully this helps I found it from another board. http://community.armystudyguid...1093521/m/4881012652

The two MOSs are different as night and day,but this fact is missed upon commanders in the battlefield. And after reviewing goarmy website they would appear similar. They aren't.

There are NCOs and then there are Paycheck collectors. Which one are you?

Posts: 56 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post