ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  GI Bill    Finally starting to use my Post 9/11 GI Bill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally starting to use my Post 9/11 GI Bill
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone else hear about how you have to take 12 credit hours to be considered full time? From what I heard if you are a full time worker it used to be 7 hours. I guess it changed around the same time they started allowing BAH for people who take only Online classes.

Posts: 136 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: 07 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I guess I shall share my process:

I enrolled in college and submitted my paperwork to the college VA reps around the 9th or 10th of August. They said it would take them about 2 months to get my paperwork through as they have 300+ new veterans submitted before me. They also said that I should receive my book stipend on 1 October and my BAH on 1 November with backpay.

September 9th, I received a confirmation email from VA stating that they have received a claim from my college on September 9th. My claim will be processed in the order it was received. I hope that it means I am ahead of schedule and will receive my BAH 1 October, we shall see.

Posts: 136 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: 07 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
9/22:

Received my Book Stipend ($500) and another $78.50 from VA, VA said the $78.50 is my prorated August payment since classes started on the 29th. They only calculate in a 30 day cycle so I only get paid for 2 days. This adds up to what I expect if I take $78.50 and divide it by 2 and multiply it by 30.