ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  GI Bill    How does this work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does this work?
 Login/Join

posted
I had the MGIB and will be reenlisting to transfer to the post 9-11 bill. It states that they still cover up to 36 months of tuition, housing allowance, book stipend and such. But does the housing allowance and book stipend count towards the tuition? Under the MGIB, it was 36 months or $36,000, so I am worried, that the majority of money will that I want to be covered for tuition will actually go for living and book. I understand this will be needed anyway, but I just need clarification. Thanks.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote]MGIB[/quote
Its a Military bill u can get the full information on this thriught this link..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G...GIB_Comparison_Chart

Posts: 1 | Location: spring valley | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have read just about everything I need too, but nothing stipulates if the money for books and housing comes out of the total amount or above and beyond the money for school

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Books and Housing do not go out of total amount. They are in different class I guess you could say. Its not really $36,000, its 36 months of school.

Currently using the GI Bill(4 classes, full time student), they pay the school, I get a check for $1137 for BAH a month for a full month and $1000 a year for books. Its 36 months with theoretically an unlimited amount ie I could supposedly take 15 classes a term right now if I want to.

To break it down:

December was the end of the semester. It stopped on the 15th. I got a BAH check for 568.50 because it was half a month. From what I was told they only do 28 day months in their calculations.

Posts: 136 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: 07 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post