ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  GI Bill    Denied kicker in 2008 by mistake, going back to school.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denied kicker in 2008 by mistake, going back to school.
 Login/Join

posted
Im a 68W from 2006. I enlisted with a 350$ kicker, for being a high asvab 68W in a vacant slot. I also fell under college first, but my kicker contract doesn't mention it.
I just reenlisted and now I want to go back to school using my bonus. I went to the education office and found out that the mistake that I wasn't a Primary MOS at the time of enlistment is what denied my kicker for when I went to school in 2008-2009. It was a shocker that someone missed a line on a page and hit the no button, but I digress, I wanted it fixed. I have since found out that I was approved for only the 200$ kicker not 350, because I stopped going to college and became deploy-able again? I volunteered and didn't finish pre-mob because the Mtow change and they didn't need another medic/I wasn't willing to reclass to 88m.
I filled for an audit with the VA/NGB and will try to get at least the kicker from the 5mo18days I drew the GI-Bill. I also wonder why if my contract says 350$ kicker, why the DOD says 200$
Sorry for the long post/odd question, I am asking on the Gi-Bill forums as well.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post