ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    First term re-enlistment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First term re-enlistment
 Login/Join

posted
I had re-enlist for Airborne school last year. I supposed to start jump school in May of 2011. Unfortunately, I have recently injured my ankle and it in bad shape. My doctor told me I wouldn't be able to jump with my condition in that time frame. So, I have to cancel my class date and hopefully get a later date. The problem is that HQ said "No, you hurt yourself to bad to sad". I read the regs on Army Rentention Program (601-280) which states "if the soldier becomes disqualified after reenlistment and before starting course for which reenlisted, that person will be reassigned to the needs of the Army." Yeah, I got that part very well. But this other statement said "if the course for which that person reenlisted is discontinued before or during attendance, or if he is later medically disqualified for the course that person will be given a chance to select another course for which he or she is qualified and for which quotas are available." So, the point of this is to get a new class date. So, tell me if i have a fighting chance?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
Talk to your Career COunselor about sending a VAL/RENO (validation/reneogotiation) hotline. Since it was medical, it SHOULDN'T be a problem.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
im in my first year term..and i was wondering does option 3 still has effect? cause i have a gt score of an 85 and im trying to reenlist to reclass or something or do i need an 100 gt score to reclass.?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
GT is not the only line score that matters, please get the word out. Every MOS has line score(S) that are the prerequisite needed to go to that MOS. ST, CO, FA, and others. You should attend FAST class at the Ed center to improve your GT and other scores since that is a VERY low score. Get with your PLT SGT, it was formerly called BSEP, otherwise you will be limiting yourself to borderline retard MOSes.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of iwin
posted Hide Post
So what's a "borderline retard mos?"

Posts: 16 | Registered: 16 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Iwin i see you are an NCO why dont you research your question you just asked??

none

Posts: 37 | Location: none | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of iwin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robert1978:
Iwin i see you are an NCO why dont you research your question you just asked??

The point of the question was to imply that there are NO borderline "retard" MOS's.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 16 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Category IV MOSes...NOT Infantry contrary to popular belief.

Picture of JMW3CC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
otherwise you will be limiting yourself to borderline retard MOSes.
Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Category IV MOSes...NOT Infantry contrary to popular belief.

What are borderline retard MOS's and Category IV MOS's? I know what you mean by CAT IV being a prior Recruiter, but I've been a Career Counselor for seven years and didn't know that the Army put MOS's in categories. By bordline retard MOS's, do you mean MOS's with low line scores? Sure Infantry you only need a CO score of 87, Field Artillery an FA score of 93, but some of the Aviation MOS's you only need an MM score of 93, a few Commo MOS's only need an EL score of 87 or 93, and some of the Military Intelligence jobs only require an ST score of 91. You don't need a GT score of 110 to get into some of the best jobs in the Army. Regardless of lines scores, no one serving in the Army is in a "retard MOS". We are all Soldiers and regardless of your MOS, every Soldier deserves the respect for the MOS which they are performing.

Posts: 681 | Location: ARMY WIDE | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are no "stupid" MOS's, just stupid people. I don't care what line scores the MOS requires, some idiot will slip through the cracks.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm going to catch hell for it, but most 92 series MOSes are Category IV A MOSes that allowed a civilian to enter the Army with terrible line scores and ASVAB scores of 21-30. There is no way I can not come across as arrogant, even though I am not trying to, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded with that level of intelligence. Sure there are VERY bright Soldiers in 92 series, I don't see it as the norm though.

My point to the OP was that he NEEDS to take the FAST class and improve his line scores or he will be VERY limited.

Picture of riggerrapp
posted Hide Post
Sorry I just came accross this post! I am a 92R (parachute rigger). Some of the guys I work with are some of smartest people that I have ever met. Those are the guys that have reclassed (like myself) or getting out all together. The guys that stick around usually become the guys that are put in charge...

Posts: 8 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post