ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Sapper school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sapper school
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I'm in the reserves and I'm a 74D (chemical) and by winning soldier of the year I've won my slot in Sapper school (I'm with an engineer unit).

I've read up on it and there is a lot of combat engineer and infantry warrior tasks levels 1,2,3 and 4 that you must know beforehand. I'm scheduled for the last class this year so I have about 3 months.

Physically I'm ready, I run a low 12's 2 mile with a 320 pt score, I ruck 12 miles for fun (reserves remember) and workout everyday.

I'm a fast learner but realistically can I teach myself everything I need to know in 3 months or should I try and get something else like airborne or air assault?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Keep the slot, Sapper Leader Course is challenging and will develop you as a leader.

Learn your demolition caculations ahead of time, you can google them, and be confident with your math skills. And google the Sapper School Knots, you need to remember each one word for word verbatim.

Good Luck, your a lucky Soldier.

"I did my best.. but I guess my best is not good enough.."

Pacman

Posts: 34 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats, never lose that will to excel.

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post