ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Can I re-enlist for SERE?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I re-enlist for SERE?
 Login/Join

Picture of LuckyLu
posted
Just like the subject asks, is it possible to re-enlist for SERE training?

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EODbot
posted Hide Post
According to ATTRS you need could do course J3TA-US022 which is SERE 100.1 LEVEL A CODE which is internet based. You may also be able to get into course 2C-F107/600-F17(CT). This course is for the training of Army aviation combat aircrew members and Army non-Special Operations Forces (non-SOF) personnel in the Code of Conduct / Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) Level-C Full Spectrum operations as prescribed by DOD Directive 1300.7, 1300.21 and AR 350-30. SERE Level-C training is for Soldiers whose wartime position, military occupational specialty (MOS) or duty assignment has a high risk of capture. It is intended for personnel whose position, rank or seniority make them vulnerable to a greater than average risk of exploitation efforts by a captor. Peacetime Level-C personnel are those who, due to assignment or mission, have a high risk of being taken hostage by terrorists and/or being detained by a hostile government in a peacetime environment.

Posts: 165 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
I saw that on ATTRS.

The rumor I heard was that SERE A is what u get in basic, SERE B is internet based, and SERE C is the real deal.

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What is your MOS now. I'll be candid here if it is something like 42A forget about it.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
Let's just say it's one that could probably attend the school.

posted Hide Post
Most units that I have been associated with like SOAR will send you as long as optempo permits so you don't have to burn a re-up option. Save it for something like duty station of choice.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
I'm putting in an OCS packet for this next board, so the school option is probably my best bet.