ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Lean Six Sigma Training (Black Belt)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lean Six Sigma Training (Black Belt)
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone gone through the Army's Lean Six Sigma Training (Black Belt)? I am looking into the program and noticed some class dates, but this doesn't seem like the normal drop your 4187/put in school packet request. There seems to be more to this.

Can/could anyone shed some light on this area on how to process for the training? Plus how difficult the courses possibly are or aren't?

I have looked into this area and thought it would be a great career enhancer, but also a resume builder. Thank you in advance for any help that I may recieve.

Posts: 165 | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
I don't know the details of the Army's course but it will be excellent for your resume. DOD Contractors like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and General Dynamics use Lean 6 Sigma and view it with the highest regard.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
There is no 4187 requirement for this. I use to work for GE Capital where they provided this free for its employees. You can take the overview online course like I did while I was stationed in Germany.

To earn the actual certificate, you will have a project or demonstrate in your profession on how you can streamline processes and make a specific task more efficient. It looks good on a resume but I do not see where you would pursue it for your Army MOS (promotion points reasons). I will go to your local education center for further information.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post