ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Need Help, Y6 School Request Paperwork
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help, Y6 School Request Paperwork
 Login/Join

Picture of Crash666111666
posted
Need help with filing a DA 4187. My wife is a 68W and wants to go to Y6 "CARDIOVASCULAR SPECIALTY" school, unfortionatly my NCO channel nor hers know how to fill out the DA4187 properly. Does any one know how to properly fill one and or help in any way with this process?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Y6 "CARDIOVASCULAR SPECIALTY

Why are you putting in a 4187? Go to your schools NCO and send up a request. next class date is 15 DEC. If he doesn't know how, have him call 210-808-0821 or 210-808-0896 at BAMC to see if there is any seats that are available.

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thats a 9 month course... so I think she would have to call her branch manager to get in that course.

sorry I replied earlier without seeing the course length

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Most Y6's I've met had to burn a re-enlistment option to get it. She may have to do the same.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I kinda figured it would come down to calling brach just wanted to check around before we do that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Most Y6's I've met had to burn a re-enlistment option to get it. She may have to do the same.

ya i noticed the 31 month requirment after school, and figured that it might have to happen.

posted Hide Post
Your reenlistment shop is the first stop. The next class is actually in January, the 9th I beleive.

The course is closer to 14 months as well. Five months in San Antonio, then about nine at another post.

Great job, hurry though, going to be tougher to get into soon, only 10 Army slots for all of next year.

Good luck

Posts: 9 | Location: Fort Sam | Registered: 18 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post