ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Enlisted-Warrant Officer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enlisted-Warrant Officer?
 Login/Join

Picture of Matthew Moyer
posted
I am an 11B with a GT score of 127, I have been in the Army for almost a year and a half. I have deployed to Afghanistan and earned my CIB, I enlisted for three years. I need information regarding what exactly I need to do to drop a Warrant Packet. I have heard a number of things concerning the best way to go about this but wondered if anyone could give me some suggestions to help me out.

Posts: 1 | Location: FT Campbell KY | Registered: 05 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/
page seems to be broken right now, but usually works. Has the different WO MOS, requirements, packet to fill out, etc...

FIRST, you need to figure out what you want to do. There aren't any Infantry Warrant Officers, so that narrows your options down. You'll have to find a field you'll like and transfer to that MOS to get the experience then go Warrant.
Unless you're talking helicopter pilot (153A), any MOS can apply for that one.

There are a few others that will let you in- such as Signal (255A or 255N), but you must first get the training or civilian experience.

For pretty much anything except Pilot you must get into the right MOS then work in that MOS as an NCO a few more years to get the experience. There IS an SF Warrant Officer position, you'll have to see what the requirements are to get into that one.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/
page seems to be broken right now, but usually works. Has the different WO MOS, requirements, packet to fill out, etc...

FIRST, you need to figure out what you want to do. There aren't any Infantry Warrant Officers, so that narrows your options down. You'll have to find a field you'll like and transfer to that MOS to get the experience then go Warrant.
Unless you're talking helicopter pilot (153A), any MOS can apply for that one.

There are a few others that will let you in- such as Signal (255A or 255N), but you must first get the training or civilian experience.

For pretty much anything except Pilot you must get into the right MOS then work in that MOS as an NCO a few more years to get the experience. There IS an SF Warrant Officer position, you'll have to see what the requirements are to get into that one.

For SF, he has to already be in SF to apply.

For flight warrant officer, you can be a junior enlisted to apply. For all the other technical warrant officer MOS; you need at least 3 years experience as an NCO.

My suggestion is to become a flight warrant officer.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post