ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Ughh, can someone please help me!!!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ughh, can someone please help me!!!?
 Login/Join

posted
My reenlistment window opens on Feb 1st. I'm currently 11B, with a deployment to Afghanistan. I want to reclass to 68X. We are changing our retention reps, as I speak. The one going out, told me, I can reenlist for it, in Feb. The one coming in, told me, that I can't get it, that I should go 68W. I don't want 68W. My recruiter tried, to get me to enlist as that, because of my medical background. But, I have my heart set on 68X. Or, at the very least, 68E. Can someone PLEASE, give me a lamemens answer to this? I feel like, I walk away from the retention reps office, with more questions, than I do answers. Thanks alot!

Posts: 9 | Registered: 26 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Harris
posted Hide Post
If your retention NCO isn't giving you the help you need as for permission to see your career counselor. 68X has been under strength for a while now and they need bodies, Medics are balanced last I checked so I don't know why your incoming retention NCO is telling you to become a whiskey. If the Army Training option is not available via Milper message on Feb 1st when you are eligible to re enlist then you will not be able to reenlist for the MOS. Keep checking the Bear list to see if it pops up there or put in a 4187 for a voluntary reclassification.

Pro cura militis et eis qui militem curent

Posts: 36 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks alot Harris, that helped. I appreciate it.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 26 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post