Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALC
 Login/Join

posted
I got a question I have been DA Selected to go to ALC in March now my unit wants me to call the school and push the date to a later date, so I can go NTC with the unit. When I call the school house they informed me that if I change the date I would be put at the bottom of the list. Is there anyway I can guarantee I go to school in march?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of A HUMINT/DLI GUY
posted Hide Post
You can guarantee the school by preparing for it as normal. Your unit needs to realize that NOBODY f$%ks with an NCOES and lives to tell the tale. Back in 2011, my unit in Korea tried to schedule stuff around my ALC timeline....some young lietenant. Well he learned real quick about the consequences of screwing around with an NCO's NCOES and yada yada yada, I made it to my class "on time". They can and will make due "without" you at NTC while you work on enhancing your Army career.

Sounds to me like you need to get some people in higher places involved in this if you're looking to keep your date as is....

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

Posts: 224 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
If your unit wants you to go to NTC, you will likely go to NTC, because contrary to popular belief, it simply takes a call from your CSM to pull you from ALC. If you're not a SSG yet, I wouldn't sweat it too much, unless of course you need ALC to make SSG. Outside of that, it becomes most important when your time comes to get looked at for SFC.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
DA selected for ALC? Is this something different? I thought when you are eligible, your CoC starts the process. I never heard of a student calling the school.

When I went to BNCOC/ALC, I took my completed packet to G3 schools at Division and they handled it from there.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post