Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SERE-C
 Login/Join

posted
I'm just curious what the SERE-C course is like?
How intense is it? You always hear the stories that they can break one bone and stuff like that. Is that true?

Posts: 205 | Location: Schofield Barracks, HI | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Auto-Rotate
posted Hide Post
You never hear the truth come from SERE-C. It is a very rewarding course and it is something that will never be forgotten. It is the most professionally run course in the Army. There are other variants in other services, like SV-83 at Fairchild AFB, Washington.

Don't be afraid to volunteer for it. They aren't out to kill you, but specifics you won't find. There is a lot of in-depth training and obviously the evasion and RTL (Resistance Training Lab). They are there to teach you vital skills, not to kill you.

If you are interested, check to see if it is available. Most of the slots go to SF, 160th, etc, but there are always cancellations. If you were on Bragg you could go stand-by. You won't regret it if you do it.

OIF 1 VET
22 Dec 02 - 18 Aug 03
A/B Co. 2nd BN/3rd AVN Regt.
3rd Infantry Division (MECH)

AEF 8
OIF/OEF
15 MAR 06 - 7 JUL 06
USAPAT-PFD

Posts: 72 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of acftgrunt
posted Hide Post
One of the best ways I have heard it described is "The best course that I never want to do again. I learned more about myself than ever."

Posts: 92 | Location: WAAF, HI | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Roger Sarge, they aren't going to kill you, but there are worse things than death. You'll always hear horror stories about SERE, but like Auto-Rotate said you'll never get specifics. However, know this, you will suffer, pain and discomfort will come, you will experience things that are less than pleasing to your 5 senses; I've never been, but I willing to bet you will get your share of the aforementioned guesses, if you will. I'm sure it's a very rewarding course and afterward you are better for the experience...hooah, my hats off to you brother, anyone who volunteers for SERE has got a steel pair. Just by virtue of knowing so little if any information about the school makes it even scarier, it's like this is what I think, I might know, and even that's pushing it. Best of luck to you if you choose to go, maybe you can hit us back with some "specifics"...

Posts: 570 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What would the chances be for an 88M to go to this course? Just curious as I have wanted to go since I have been in the army!

Posts: 60 | Registered: 27 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My husband said it was one of the best courses he EVER attended. I know some general things but it's nothing that will "help" you out - you must be in the "Q" course?? Anyway, good luck, it's gonna be a suckfest, but you'll be proud of yourself once it's over.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh! I'm sorry.... I didn't read that you're an 88M; um, I've never heard of anyone that isn't some type of special ops doing that type of school. You could try to go SF and then you'd get a crack at it down the line. Good Luck!

Posts: 13 | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I already tried to go that route. Initially, the sf recruiter loved me; I max my pt test, have a 126 GT, passed the DLAB, and was actively trying to go sf. Unfortunately, for me, I am colorblind! Therefore, I fail the airborne physical meaning no sf. It has screwed me out of a lot of options in the military, oh well, who needs colors anyways?

Posts: 60 | Registered: 27 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am trying to get into SERE C High Risk at Fort Bragg, NC. I am a 21B and am Pathfinder qualified. Is there any way I can get into the course? Or is this only for SF?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I had a friend in Ordnance (then 35E, now 94E?) who got assigned to an Airborne/ SF unit. He went.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe that 160th has 1 (one) 88M slot for, I believe, E-6. You would have to be one of the better 88M's out there to get it and you would need a SECRET clearance or higher to get into the unit. So....it is right up there with finding the loch ness monster in your situation.

Posts: 2607 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A tip: cut up the hose and eat the chicken Smiler

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Posts: 54 | Registered: 18 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Infantry4life
posted Hide Post
I've never been. But I have plans going. Going the SF route is not the only way to get a slot in the school. Like they said you can do stand by if your at Bragg, or see if your unit can send you. But also, you can become a Warrant Officer and go the flight route and they get sent to SERE-C. Its mandatory for them to go and pass it. I don't know if they have their own school at Ft. Rucker or if its even the same one that SF does, but from the little facts I can find its just as hard core.

Trust me, I'm a Recruiter!

Posts: 165 | Location: USAREC Dearborn | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jive78
posted Hide Post
It's the best course I've ever attended! You will learn about what you'r body can take and how much! With that said I'll never do it again!!!

Never too late to learn!

Posts: 29 | Location: Home | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jive78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Infantry4life:
I've never been. But I have plans going. Going the SF route is not the only way to get a slot in the school. Like they said you can do stand by if your at Bragg, or see if your unit can send you. But also, you can become a Warrant Officer and go the flight route and they get sent to SERE-C. Its mandatory for them to go and pass it. I don't know if they have their own school at Ft. Rucker or if its even the same one that SF does, but from the little facts I can find its just as hard core.

There is one at rucker, No one can say for sure it's the exact same or not unless you do the both courses. Alot of soldiers say the one at bragg is harder but they haven't done any of them.

Never too late to learn!

Posts: 29 | Location: Home | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post