New
Find
Notify
Tools

SERE-C
 Login/Join

Picture of foreversoldier
posted Hide Post
What can you say about SERE? Nothing! Anything you hear about it is stretched. Even if it is not you will probably think it is. Having attended.....it is BY FAR the best damn school I have ever had the privledge to attend, military or civilian. There is nothing like it. The amount of stuff you learn there and the ability to retain years afterward. The designer knew what he was doing when this course was made!!! If anyone EVER has a chance to attend, jump all over it!! You will NEVER regret it, nor will you ever want to return! Goodluck to all that aspire to attend.

Posts: 13 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of willhorizontal
posted Hide Post
Two questions foreversoldier. Who was the designer of the course? and why was he disappointed with the changes made to the course?

Posts: 131 | Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Female pilots do it......how bad can it be. I am positive that Ranger school is more difficult.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willhorizontal:
Two questions foreversoldier. Who was the designer of the course? and why was he disappointed with the changes made to the course?

A Rowe "Nick" I think his name is. A Viet Nam POW, for 5 years and West Point Grad. Got out of the Army in 74' I think, and returned to Active Duty in the 80's, and started SERE. Nit sure of the changes. Im supposed to go, no date yet, not even sure if its the Ft.Rucker or The Ft. Bragg course. I in an Aviation Guard unit.

Mark

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It is an excellent school that will teach you more about you than you ever knew. If you want to try to get a slot call the SERE school at Fort Rucker, AL. They may be able to slip you in if your unit is willing to pay the TDY. There are always possibilities of getting a few slots here and there and MOS shouldn't matter if there's an open slot and you can get there in time. The number I have is 334-255-9875. They should be able to help anyone with further questions.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Has anyone been to either Rucker or Bragg and seen anyone bring a Bugout Bag(R) pack as their assault pack?
I'm headed for Rucker in a couple weeks and don't want to have to go draw additional equipment.

"There's nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in a man." Sir Thomas Sean Connery

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
There should be a packing list. You won't be carrying any sort of bag on evasion.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well the reason for the question is that they require an
ALICE field pack OR MOLLE Ruck OR Assault Pack,

trying to find out if anyone has seen anyone bring a bugout bag and not get reamed for it

"There's nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in a man." Sir Thomas Sean Connery

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to go about this, follow the packing list, to the letter. Nothing more, nothing less. You will dump all of your stuff day 1 and do a layout. You don't want to find out day 1 that your pack is a no-go and then be assed out for the rest of the course, or worse, dropped. Just take what the packing list says.

When you're moving to the field for your initial survival portion you will have your rucksack with you, you'll want it to be able to carry all of your crap.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post