ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    ATRRS Credit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATRRS Credit
 Login/Join

Picture of bohica256
posted
Does anyone know how valuable ATRRS course credit is towards a Bachelor's degree? My potential school asked for the transcript (which I am providing) but I do not know how Basic, AIT, SSD Phase 1, CLS, Action Officers Development Course and a few other courses would transfer IF at all. My MOS training is a complete 180 from what I am currently working in and from what I studied for my A.A.S.
Any thoughts or past experiences with this?

Posts: 32 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is to submit all official transcripts to your university for review. They will tell you what they're worth. Each education system is different, some may lean heavily on AIT and the training you've completed and award you applicable credit, some may not. This is also dependent on what degree plan you want to pursue.

We could all tell you our own experiences with this, but that is OUR experience.

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Generally it will count for your undergrad lower requirements. You should check out COOL, I know they list a lot of stuff there.

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bohica256:
Does anyone know how valuable ATRRS course credit is towards a Bachelor's degree? My potential school asked for the transcript (which I am providing) but I do not know how Basic, AIT, SSD Phase 1, CLS, Action Officers Development Course and a few other courses would transfer IF at all. My MOS training is a complete 180 from what I am currently working in and from what I studied for my A.A.S.
Any thoughts or past experiences with this?

Those military online courses will not even lead to a liberal arts degree. What you are referring to is AARTS (ARMY/AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EDUCATION REGISTRY TRANSCRIPT SYSTEM)

http://aarts.army.mil/ now https://jst.doded.mil/smart/do...BannerForm/submit.do to get your military transcript which is used by colleges to see what classes you can receive credit for.

Your MOS training will be provided in that link. Good luck.

I received MOS credit when I earned my A.S. and BGS. I am two weeks from earning my Masters in IT and I cannot wait.

Good luck.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post