ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Schools    Basic Installer Course, Ft Huachuca, AZ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic Installer Course, Ft Huachuca, AZ
 Login/Join

Picture of bohica256
posted
Has anyone been to this course and have insight to share? I am going next month and I want to get a feel for what to expect.
The last resident course I attended as AIT back before we wore velcro. How is after school hours handled? Can you leave post on the weekends? How are the facilities, DFAC, gym?
I am pretty excited to learn fiber optics. Also looking forward to the heat..I can stand to shed some weight before I MOB in July!

Posts: 32 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I went to BIC back in 2010, dont think its changed much since I went but it is very good for yourself and your career. After hours is good, I was in class by 0730 every morning and we were out by 1600 everyday. I stayed in a hotel while there but even if you are living in the barracks while there, you will be allowed to leave off post. It is taught by civilians. I never ate at the DFAC but others said it was pretty good. They do have a good gym there too, offers everything from weightlifting and Basketball, the whole 9. It is also a very easy course as long as you pay attention to detail. You should be able to leave with great knowledge on Fiber and all the class has to offer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, you can also pay I think $60 bucks to transfer that class into 8 college credit hours but it is optional. I did it. you also get certifications on Fiber equipment from 3M. Like I said, good class to be fortunate to get and take advantage of the opportunity.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bohica256:
Has anyone been to this course and have insight to share? I am going next month and I want to get a feel for what to expect.
The last resident course I attended as AIT back before we wore velcro. How is after school hours handled? Can you leave post on the weekends? How are the facilities, DFAC, gym?
I am pretty excited to learn fiber optics. Also looking forward to the heat..I can stand to shed some weight before I MOB in July!

Not to get off your subject, but how did you get on for this course? If you can, give me whatever details you can, I'd appreciate it!

Posts: 4 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bohica256
posted Hide Post
My unit was mobilizing so we were able to get on the list. They only have 4 iterations of the course a year and 20 seats per, so a total of only 80 seats each year. It is very hard to get in from what the instructors said.
This was hands down the most in depth training I have ever had in my 11 years of service. If you can get a seat, take it! The instructors are experts and my entire team had a blast! You do have to work for your grade and they will send you home if you fail more than 3 quizzes.

Posts: 32 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post