ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    Cell phones in Afghanistan?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phones in Afghanistan?
 Login/Join

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Where were you in Afghanistan? We have Sniper Hill on our FOB from what I hear. But it won't reach to my office or something.

So you could get unlimited data? My Verizon phone is already unlocked

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MICO 1SG:
Where were you in Afghanistan? We have Sniper Hill on our FOB from what I hear. But it won't reach to my office or something.

So you could get unlimited data? My Verizon phone is already unlocked

I was in RC-East in BAF and JAF and moved around all along the Pakistani border (e.g. Bostick, Wright).

Sniper Hill worked great on JAF-Fenty (were I was based) since they had many point to point deployed and with a signal booster, you will able to receive a signsl from your work area.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by letmegetthatforyou:
Heres what I would do since you both will be deploying to the same area.

1.Get blackberry international data plan. (set fee for unlimited data)

2. Have carrier unlock both phones before deploying.

3. When you get to your base purchase roshan sim cards or whatever carrier sim you choose.

4. Roshan to Roshan calling is overpriced/cheap depending who you ask. But, since you have blackberry plan you guys now have Black berry messenger. I would just use the BBM and if you two want to call each other cheaply have whoever is on a base near a dsn line call your roshan, if you dont want to use your units.

5. What I described above is being able to stay connected to your loved one. Remember that there are other soldiers out there who go weeks at a time without access to computers or phones.

______

There is a few numbers floating around out there that allow your family in the states to dial a toll free number followed by prompts and then finally a persons roshan number. The number I had has been disconnected but it worked and there were no charges. read: free calls from your family to your roshan phone

This is a good idea. Get a mobile phone unlocked and use it with the local SIM in the country you are. A mobile phone can be unlocked safer and easier using unlock code. An unlock code for a mobile phone can be obtained from onlinegsmunlock.com at affordable cost with easy unlocking guide.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 26 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Clever. Is this a bot or just an advertising user?

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post