ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    stop movement and recruiting duty orders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stop movement and recruiting duty orders
 Login/Join

posted
a month or so ago I received orders to be a recruiter. I had to do an early reenlistment AUG 08 I am bonus eligible) without a bonus to have enough time in service, I have a school report date in July and duty report date in OCT. Orders have already been received. Yesterday, I was told I am going to be stop moved. My unit received orders yesterday for a deployment. Not sure if they are warning or hard. Although recruiting is not my dream, I was under the impression , also stated on my orders, that I am exempt from stop movement. What would change this, who and why? If anyone can clarify, give opinion or flat out answer please do so.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
If you have orders in hand it is my impression you are good to go. You should already be on the unit's loss roster.

We had people in a similar situation in my last unit, and when our unit became flagged anyone with orders already was good to go; those without were not and branch had to juggle them around.

However, and probably most importantly to you, I don't have regulatory guidance for you, and I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't know where to find it for this instance. I'll try to do some research and find it but in the mean time hopefully someone that knows where the reg is can post it.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
So far I found this:

REFERENCE: MILPER MESSAGE NUMBER 06-232, AHRC-EPO-P, SUBJECT: ACTIVE ARMY (AA) STOP LOSS/STOP MOVEMENT PROGRAM FOR UNITS SCHEDULED TO DEPLOY OCONUS IN SUPPORT OF OIF AND OEF, ISSUED ON 22 AUG 06.

1. IN ORDER TO MEET GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM AND MODULARITY REQUIREMENTS, THE ARMY G-1 HAS APPROVED ADDING TWO CATEGORIES TO THE LIST OF STOP MOVEMENT EXEMPTIONS OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 8 OF MILPER MESSAGE 06-232, REFERENCED ABOVE. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES ARE EXEMPT FROM STOP MOVEMENT ONLY:

A. ACTIVE ARMY ENLISTED SOLDIERS IDENTIFIED FOR MANDATORY OR DA DIRECTED RECLASSIFICATION TRAINING. SOLDIERS WILL BE IDENTIFIED BY HRC, EPMD, USING THE REASSIGNMENT REASON (RSGRSN) CODES “RM” (MANDATORY RECLASSIFICATION) AND “RS” (DIRECTED (SPECIAL) RECLASSIFICATION).

B. ACTIVE ARMY ENLISTED SOLDIERS IDENTIFIED FOR EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE (EOD) TRAINING. SOLDIERS WILL BE IDENTIFIED BY HRC, EPMD, USING A COMBINATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY AND AVAILABILITY (AEA) CODE “8” (PENDING SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT NOMINATION (EOD)) AND THE REQUISITION UIC “W1EAA2”.

2. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, SOLDIERS IN THE ABOVE CATEGORIES WILL HAVE THEIR STOP MOVE STATUS CODE (SMSC) UPDATED TO REFLECT “B” (EXEMPT FROM STOP MOVEMENT), BY HRC EPMD, IF THEIR UNIT IS SUBSEQUENTLY REPORTED TO HRC FOR EXECUTION OF STOP MOVEMENT ACTIONS. THESE SOLDIERS WILL COMPLY WITH ASSIGNMENT/TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS. UNITS CAN IDENTIFY SOLDIERS IN THESE CATEGORIES BY REASSIGNMENT REASON (RSG_RSN) CODE IN THE EDAS LOSING COMMAND ASSIGNMENT NOTIFICATION TO EMILPO.

3. THIS CHANGE IS NOT RETROACTIVE; THEREFORE, DOES NOT APPLY TO SOLDIERS WHO ARE ALREADY SUBJECT TO STOP MOVEMENT AND WITHIN THE STOP LOSS/MOVEMENT WINDOW (D-90 TO R+90). THESE SOLDIERS WILL RETAIN THE SMSC “A” (AFFECTED BY STOP MOVEMENT).

4. THE POC FOR THIS MESSAGE IS MRS. LISA ADCOCK-DODD, Lisa.AdcockDodd@us.army.mil , (703) 325-2738.

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Making progress here:

---------------------------------------------
MILPER MESSAGE NUMBER : 07-217
AHRC-EPF-R
DRILL SERGEANT/RECRUITER DUTY REENLISTMENT PROGRAM
...Issued: [08/15/2007]...

REFERENCES

A. AR 614-200, ENLISTED ASSIGNMENTS AND UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT, 14 FEB 07.

B. AR 601-1, ASSIGNMENT OF ENLISTED PERSONNEL TO THE U.S. ARMY RECRUITING COMMAND, 18 DEC 06

C. AR 601-280, THE ARMY RETENTION PROGRAM, 31 JAN 06

1. THIS MILPER MESSAGE WILL EXPIRE ON 1 JULY 2008.

2. VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR DRILL SERGEANT AND RECRUITER DUTY. THE ARMY’S GOAL IS TO PLACE NCOs WITH RECENT DEPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE IN THESE POSITIONS TO ENSURE NEW SOLDIERS RECEIVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF THEM (DEPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE IS NOT A PREREQUISITE).
3. TO HELP FILL THESE POSITIONS, SOLDIERS IN THEIR REENLISTMENT WINDOW (WITHIN 24 MONTHS FROM ETS) IN THE RANK OF SGT OR SSG WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE ARMY TRAINING REENLISTMENT OPTION MAY APPLY FOR DRILL SERGEANT/RECRUITING DUTY THROUGH THEIR UNIT RETENTION OFFICE. UNIT CAREER COUNSELORS WILL ENSURE THE NCOs MEET THE PREREQUISITES FOR DRILL SERGEANT/RECRUITER DUTY AND SUBMIT THE REQUEST TO HRC VIA THE RETAIN SYSTEM. ADDITIONAL PROCESSING GUIDANCE FOR CAREER COUNSELORS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN A SEPARATE MESSAGE ON THE RETAIN SYSTEM.

4. SOLDIERS NOT IN THE REENLISTMENT WINDOW WHO DESIRE TO REQUEST DRILL SERGEANT OR RECRUTING DUTY WILL CONTINUE TO USE NORMAL PROCESSING PROCEDURES. SOLDIERS INTERESTED IN BECOMING A DRILL SERGEANT CAN FIND INFORMATION IN AR 614-200, CHAPTER 8, OR ONLINE AT https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/protect/active/epinf/drill_sergeant.htm.
SOLDIERS INTERESTED IN BECOMING A RECRUITER CAN FIND INFORMATION IN AR 601-1, CHAPTER 2, OR ONLINE AT http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/recruiter/Index.htm

5. SOLDIERS APPROVED FOR DRILL SERGEANT OR RECRUITER ARE ENTITLED TO ANY BONUS INCENTIVES FOR WHICH THEY ARE OTHERWISE QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE.

6. SOLDIERS ON ASSIGNMENT FOR DRILL SERGEANT OR RECRUITER DUTY WHEN STOP MOVE IS EXECUTED FOR THEIR UNIT ARE EXEMPT FROM STOP MOVE IAW MILPER MESSAGE 06-232. SOLDIERS APPROVED FOR TRAINING WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN A STOP MOVE UNIT WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR TRAINING AFTER THE UNIT’S STOP MOVE TERMINATION DATE.

7. SOLDIERS WHO ARE APPROVED FOR TRAINING AND REENLIST FOR DRILL SERGEANT/RECRUITING DUTY MUST MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS IDENTIFIED IN AR 614-200 AND AR 601-1 PRIOR TO ATTENDING TRAINING. SOLDIERS WHO REENLIST AND SUBSEQUENTLY FAIL TO MEET PREREQUISITES, TO INCLUDE FAVORABLE BACKGROUND SCREENING, WILL BE ASSIGNED IAW THE NEEDS OF THE ARMY AND WILL NOT HAVE JUSTIFICATION TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR AN UNFULFILLED REENLISTMENT.

8. POC FOR THIS MESSAGE IS THE DETAILED ASSIGNMENT BRANCH: DRILL SERGEANT - THE HRC DRILL SERGEANT TEAM DSN: 221-8904/3179; RECRUITING DUTY - THE HRC RECRUITER TEAM DSN: 221-4343/5818/8394; FOR REENLISTMENT AND BONUS INFORMATION SEE YOUR UNIT CAREER COUNSELOR.

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
http://www.armyreenlistment.com/Messages/MILPER/Stop_Loss_06_232_20060822.pdf

K. SOLDIERS ON AI TO RECRUITING COMMAND AND/OR TO PERFORM DUTIES AS A PRODUCTION RECRUITER (DETAILED RECRUITER OR HOLDING MOS 79R). (THIS EXEMPTION IS APPLICABLE TO STOP MOVEMENT ONLY.)

Yes, you are exempt from Stop Move.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have an issue.

On 4May I was DA Selected for recruiting, something I want to do so please don't just give me a "recruiting sucks" response. Today 24June I was told I am being deleted from the class I was scheduled for in December because I suddenly have a Stop Movement code on me for a Mission my BDE just took over. This is not a deployment to Afghanistan or anything it is a DCRF mission so we will only do the mission if Federal Helicopter Aid is requested for a CBRN incident either CONUS or in Puerto Rico. Any help and resources regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post