New
Find
Notify
Tools

WIAS Taskers
 Login/Join

<That325iGetsDown>
posted
I am asking this question for an NCO in my company. What are the guidelines dealing with WIAS Taskers and how they can be distributed? There is a SSG in my unit who has been placed on a WIAS Tasker by our Battalion S-1. It is for a combat engineer, and states explicitly in the orders that the NCO must be combat arms. The soldier will be responsible for physical security of high-ranking officials and setting up security for convoys, operations, etc. I am not sure how that falls under combat engineer, but that is who the tasker was initially meant for. That NCO is on a compassionate reassignment, so he is being over-looked. Instead it has been passed on to our Supply SGT. He is an E-6 with no background in physical security or any other kind of combat arms MOS. He has taken this issue through the command chain as far as our BN CSM (acting, she is actually a 1SG) and is getting no help. He also went to JAG, but I'm not sure what they are doing for him. What (if anything) can he do? He doesn't feel comfortable taking on a mission that he doesn't know how to conduct especially when his failure may cost him or someone else their lives. And info. or advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is a good case to utilizing the BN CDR open door policy. Or whatever level he needs to go to get results. IMO, he should carefully phrase his situation, offer to assist someone else in that role to learn about the duty. Someone along the line will have some common sense.

Posts: 256 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WIAS tasker soldiers are chosen by the CSM and LTC based upon reccomendations from each companies 1SG and CDR. If this soldier is not suited he should not have been considered. He needs to go see the BN CDR with the soldier who would be better suited for this. He may have been initally passed over, since he is there on a compassionate reassignment.

It really makes no sense to send someone who doesnt know shit about the task, and who by the sounds of it, doesnt want to go.

Posts: 72 | Location: Ft. We-Gotcha | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<That325iGetsDown>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Godsmack:
WIAS tasker soldiers are chosen by the CSM and LTC based upon reccomendations from each companies 1SG and CDR. If this soldier is not suited he should not have been considered. He needs to go see the BN CDR with the soldier who would be better suited for this. He may have been initally passed over, since he is there on a compassionate reassignment.

It really makes no sense to send someone who doesnt know shit about the task, and who by the sounds of it, doesnt want to go.

I'm not sure how it happened, only our BN S1 "officer" is a civilian, and she and our acting CSM are best buds. The CSM is dead set on putting every compassionate reassignment out of the Army. But this guy is not a CR so I'm not sure why she's targeting him or if that's even the case. I just keep off her radar and volunteer/don't complain when I'm placed on details or tasked for something so she has left me alone. In any case, I'm not sure what he's going to do. He may end up going on it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post