ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    BAH WAIVER, REQUEST TO MOVE BAH TO DEPENDENTS LOCATION
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAH WAIVER, REQUEST TO MOVE BAH TO DEPENDENTS LOCATION
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I was recently told by finance I qualify to change my BAH to where my family is going to be located. I fall in on;

ALARACT 021/2008 :

4. THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES QUALIFY FOR BAH SECRETARIAL WAIVER
CONSIDERATION:

C. WHEN CIRCUMSTANCES REQUIRE DEPENDENTS TO RESIDE SEPARATELY FROM
THE MEMBER. THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY HAS APPROVED FOUR DISTINCT
CATEGORIES FOR CONSIDERATION UNDER THIS AUTHORITY:

(1.) SOLDIERS WHO RECEIVE PCS ORDERS TO UNITS DEPLOYING WITHIN 12
MONTHS OF ARRIVAL. [A COPY OF THE ORDER MUST ACCOMPANY THE REQUEST.]

My issue is the memorandum, has anyone ever done or can help me do one? My reasons are because wife does not have any family in the states and also will not have a means of transportation. I really don't know how to put that in a professional way. S1 and orderly aren't really helping.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 07 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT BOYD
posted Hide Post
I am having the same problem I can't find an example for that memo either. When I do I'll post the link.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I end up looking at the regulations for memo's and did one myself, my orderly then is changing it to army "wording". if you like, i can send you an example to give you an idea.

Also, if you get it done. send it with the "ALARACT 021/2008" letter, highlight 4., C., (1) sections, so they know what your talking about.

posted Hide Post
Reader, if you want a copy of a memorandum example, please send me a message with your email or post it.

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Could you please send me a copy of a memorandum example. thanks you

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
can you send me a copy of the memorandum. i am looking forward for the sample.
much appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siegle:
Reader, if you want a copy of a memorandum example, please send me a message with your email or post it.

Thanks!

Could you please send a copy of a memorandum example. thanks you peninni1@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
That's kind of BS that finance tells you to do a memo but doesn't give you an example of how it is supposed to be written.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever get the example BAH waiver letter? If so can you forward a copy to kyle.d.bender@us.army.mil. Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Siegle, my email is on my original post. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have the memo that i sent up to DA. There is no format but to be in memoradon format. you need to have supporting doc attached to memo.
if anyone need help cobin.stewart@us.army.mil

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post