New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female Engagement Teams
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted
As some of you know I was trying to get placed on one of these teams and I have been lucky enough to get a spot. As I haven't been training w/them or even been briefed by the NCOIC, I was wondering if you all had any experience with these teams, and if so, what those experiences were. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Some will hate me for the honesty on this one, but......mostly show without the go.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't mind honesty. Can you elaborate?

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
If you actually get to be used out there in sector it's a great way to earn an impact award to tack on your uniform to go with your EoT award.

Our 1SG assigned the females that had nothing better to do because they were in a section over strengthed, ect.

Training... Going to be the basic cultural awareness stuff, how to handle yourself during the inspection, what to do, what not to do, how to do it, ect ect. You'll learn how to 'man' handle the female if she gets rowdy. You'll learn the way a TCP is ran, you'll learn some more react to contact type stuff. Possibly some battle drills for movement if your used on patrols. It really depends what kind of area your unit is going to be responsible for.. Maybe you'll be out on the gate all day wearing your body armor waving to the dudes goin on patrol.. Never know.

Good luck, set yourself apart from the other people on the team! Check any drama at the tent ( oh there is going to be drama in the female tent ) and get the job done to support the combat Soldiers!

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'll elaborate like this, the ones that I have seen, always had MINT fresh out the bag....barely worn IBA, I'm sure there are ones getting dirty and sweaty, but I really didn't see them.

If they were really engaging they would look the part in my eyes.

Example, I have seen many high speed female MP's that looked like tri-athletes.....their physique reflected what they did.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
I'll elaborate like this, the ones that I have seen, always had MINT fresh out the bag....barely worn IBA, I'm sure there are ones getting dirty and sweaty, but I really didn't see them.

Example, I have seen many high speed female MP's that looked like tri-athletes.....their physique reflected what they did.

Okay I see what you're saying. Thanks. I'm not even sure what our unit/bn's mission is over there yet so I'm not sure what we will be doing yet. The people we are replacing are not using these teams. So we will have to see! I hope I actually get to do something Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm glad ArmyWife sees what your saying, because I'm not following. What do you mean by "look the part"? You think for our female soldiers to engage with the Afghan women, they should be big, dirty, and sweaty? That doesn't make sense. Why would a Afghan woman feel comfortable talking to a female Soldier looking like Rambo?

Posts: 164 | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
I think he means because the MP's are doing the foot patrols and combat roles in their area of operations that require them to be or turn out to be physically fit, whereas his units FET did not, and did not look the part compared to the female MP's who put in work.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Gotta love those FET chicks.

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triwall:
Gotta love those FET chicks.

Hey now! I will butt-stroke somebody in a heartbeat! lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck80:
quote:

I'm glad ArmyWife sees what your saying, because I'm not following. What do you mean by "look the part"? You think for our female soldiers to engage with the Afghan women, they should be big, dirty, and sweaty? That doesn't make sense. Why would a Afghan woman feel comfortable talking to a female Soldier looking like Rambo?

Like LBeezy said, I think he means that if someone is out there doing foot patrols and rucking and humping w/the infantry, they're Their body is going to reflect the work they do. If you carry a ruck, wear your vest, and carry your weapon all day everyday, your body is going to get hard. And if you're rucking on foot a lot you're going to lose weight. KWIM?

posted Hide Post
ArmyWife, If you want to be apart of a for sure good Female Engagement Team here ya go.

http://www.soc.mil/CST/Prerequ...%20Requirements.html

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seven0821:
ArmyWife, If you want to be apart of a for sure good Female Engagement Team here ya go.

http://www.soc.mil/CST/Prerequ...%20Requirements.html

That's freaking awesome Smiler I meet the requirements Smiler But we are getting ready to deploy, I wouldn't be released for that. And I plan on re-classing as soon as we get back.

posted Hide Post
yea it is pretty cool. Cultural Support Teams instead of Female Engagement Teams, but obviously the CST seems much cooler and the networking you could do within whatever SOF unit you serve with would open doors.

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Absolutely amazing! Best of luck to you.

Posts: 438 | Registered: 22 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post